Viewing 40 posts - 4,921 through 4,960 (of 6,096 total)
  • Rugby thread 2016/2017
  • namastebuzz
    Free Member

Bring back Banahanahanahan I say!!!

😆 I agree, he was poor for England back in the day but the last few seasons for Bath he’s matured into a very good player. Offloading, deft chips/grubbers and finishing well from 13 or wing.

Watson should have been tested at 15 by England well before now and Brown dispensed with long ago. He or Hogg should be in the test side and JJ should be at 13.

We will not beat the ABs without scoring tries.

anagallis_arvensis

Watson didnt look like a test 15 the other day. Looked like a good winger covering.

anagallis_arvensis

he’s matured into a very good player. Offloading, deft chips/grubbers and finishing well from 13 or wing.

Sounds awesome I suggest you drop Joseph and play him at 13!!

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CWdn8Adt7P8[/video]

dantsw13

Sorry but we need JJ to torment Scotland again!!

wrecker
    Free Member

That was a high tackle!

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Yeah the Banahan v Williams thing was described as:

“A sheep is trying to get through a fence. There’s a gate 5 yards to its left but it ignores that and repeatedly bangs its head on the same bit of fence in the belief that it can get through.”

But seriously, any Bath fan will tell you he has been consistently very good the past few seasons. Great kick chaser or defending the high ball too – being 6ft 7″ is useful if you use it right.

anagallis_arvensis

That was a high tackle!

😆

DanW
    Free Member

That was a high tackle!

… and the nasty boy dumped him head first in to the turf! Where was the citing commissioner??!! 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That was a high tackle!

tjagain

Just watched the england argies game – cracking game

dantsw13

If England are playing that style of rugby at the next WC it will be very interesting!!

onehundredthidiot

Just finished second half of England game. Good players coming through.

The games I’ve seen recently seem to have a lot of players hitting the ruck off their feet. Or the three man flying wedge with the support players swinging round infront of the ball carrier when contact was made. Everyone does it, genge very good at it, but can’t see how either is legal.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Nice article on The42. Lest we forget the whole point of rugby.

Letter From New Zealand

Pigface
    Free Member

Hogg out for rest of tour,

anagallis_arvensis

Thats shit for him and Lions. I wonder who Gatland can call up who will annoy Mike Brown the most?

onehundredthidiot

Apparently no need to call anyone. Enough players there to cover it.
    1/2p is going to be lucky to get through it without an injury. There’s going to be big fast chaps chasing him.down.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I wonder who Gatland can call up who will annoy Mike Brown the most?

Opened the thread to make a similar comment!

dantsw13

Whilst they “can” cover it, surely with 2 games a week it means more work for the rest of the back 3 options – why not call up a spare, even just as midweek bench cover?

mindmap3
    Free Member

Is that Lawes Lions tour over?

The pace seems to be doing the Lions so far. Their breakdown work isn’t good enough either.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Exciting game. Highlanders trying to avoid the set piece and keep it moving.

Lawes head knock looked bad – pity because he’s been good.

Seymour and Stander playing their way out of test contention. Nowell doing his best to do the same.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Silky line break from Sinckler (spl?)

Biggar setting up the try was delicious.

Tight game!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Shame about Nowell – he finished the AP in such good form.

Not that many are putting their hands up for the test team so far.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Another tense finish….

mindmap3
    Free Member

And not a good one.

Not sure how many of these players will make the test team; they seemed a bit rudderless and like headless chickens. They didn’t get to grips with the pace at which the game was being played or impose their own game plan.

Hmmmmmmm.

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s going to be a loooong tour for the dirt trackers.

Pigface
    Free Member

Only seen the result, was it really close or something other?

mindmap3
    Free Member

Only seen the result, was it really close or something other

It didn’t feel all that close really – their backs caused us real issues plus the scrum was munched towards the end of the game.

Haskell and Stander were poor. Warburton was OK at best. Hmmmmmm. JJ had his moments, Nowell was rubbish and will be nowhere near the test team. Payne was a bit suspect at full back.

Just listening to the aftermath – coughed up the ball 22 times. Too many missed tackles.

dantsw13

Stander really disappointing all tour. If Faletau gets injured we need Hughes. Whole back row got owned tonight.

I thought Biggar looked much better today, but Farrell was a step up when he came on – apart from missing another simple kick.

dantsw13

My team so far:

Mako V
    George
    furlongh

Kruis
    Lawes

SOB
    Faletau
    Tipuric

Murray
    Farrell
    North
    Teo
    Joseph
    Watson
    Williams.

Bench:
    Sinkler
    McGrath
    Owens
    Warburton
    Itoje
    Daley
    Webb
    Sexton

mindmap3
    Free Member

Any news on Lawes Dan? Hopefully he’ll be OK to carry on with the tour.

Pundits have been pretty critical of the players today especially as the pack were not able to bring about the control of Saturday.

anagallis_arvensis

Not seen today dan but Cole is in with a shout and I’d have sexton 10 Faz 12. Benching Itoje is a big shout and Gats will pick Warburton at 7 or SOB at 7 not sure who is 6 at moment not SOB. Gats will also pick 1/2p over Liam.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Not seen today dan but Cole is in with a shout

He was on the wrong end of a few decisions today both at scrum time and at the breakdown. Not sure he offers enough else around the park either compared to some of the other chaps.

dantsw13

AA – I agree he will, but I wouldn’t!!

MM – they said he wanted to carry on but was taken off for a precaution. Nothing official heard yet.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Good stuff.

I’ve listened to to it rather than watched it. The commentary mentioned that a stretcher had been called for before he walked off. Hopefully he’s not concussed.

Saturday is now a huge game – a marker needs to be put down by the Lions.

dantsw13

Who is the ref for 1st test?

Edit: just found its Jaco Peyper, then Garces, and Poite. Not too bad.

dantsw13

I’m hoping we are holding back our Driving Maul tactics until the tests, because if what we have so far is it, 😯

DanW
    Free Member

Lawes was well out of it, I’d be surprised if he features any time soon.

Tough for the midweek players as the Test team is all about the best combinations and they are pretty much the leftovers that don’t necessarily gel

Benching Itoje is a big shout and Gats will pick Warburton at 7 or SOB at 7 not sure who is 6 at moment not SOB.

As a wimpy 9 it is hard to judge the piggies but POM has stood out for me. Nothing super flashy but seems to be in great form and make a hell of a difference when he is on the pitch.

Not sure he offers enough else around the park either compared to some of the other chaps.

Fantastic ability to lie on the ball? 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

I reckon Sink has to be pushing for a test spot. Don’t think I’d select Joseph over Davies. Webb is frustrating me at the moment, he has less howlers than Murray but he threatens a bit more. I wouldn’t pick warbs on current form. Think I’d go for Loopy Liam over North too, I’ve long been a fan and he’s not disappointed so far. I’d post a team but the front 5 would all be english and that would go down like a fart in a spacesuit!

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Anyone see the England U20s beat SA in the semi-final of the World Championships?

Cracking game. SA totally overpowererd and outplayed England in the second half, turning a 10pt deficit into a 5pt lead only for England to snatch it at the death with Zach Mercer scoring under the posts.

England have done pretty well considering half their likely starting lineup are in Argentina. Interesting discussion with Monye and Flats after the game about Mercer. He’s absolutely brilliant when he does something – combining Faletau-esque footwork with SBW-ish offloading ability. But they were condemming his lack of graft the rest of the time. Hence the possible reasons that EJ omitted him from the Argentina tour. Still, he’s an interesting prospect.

anagallis_arvensis

Wrecker I would pick one irish prop (Furlong) and George/Owens is still 50/50 rest English. Backrow of POM, Faletau and SOB.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,921 through 4,960 (of 6,096 total)

The topic ‘Rugby thread 2016/2017’ is closed to new replies.