Home Forums Chat Forum Rudy Juliani – Oh dear!

Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)
  • Rudy Juliani – Oh dear!
    politecameraaction
    Free Member

Sorry – I wasn’t making a point about whether Giuliani “invented” RICO (which I am sure is nonsense) or brought the first RICO trial against organised criminals in NYC. Just responding to the suggestion that Giuliani was “just a lawyer”. There were many years of investigations and prosecutions, and much as I dislike him it’s not true that Giuliani was not involved in the investigating as well as the prosecuting.

pk13

RICO has been around for a long time it’s the charge they used against Howard marks for weed snuggling

politecameraaction
    Free Member

Giuliani has been around for a long time! He was number three in the DoJ 7 years before Marks was even extradited.

Howard Marks was an arsehole even if he could write well.

pk13

Marks was pulled in from La I think thou.

Wikipedia says 1970 for Rico it aways seam like a catch all law if they wanted to get someone for criminal act with no real evidence then reco was your tool.

Rudi is still a pig regardless.

thols2

Rudy coffee – I’m guessing this goes the way of Trump steaks.

https://x.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1792318516101595210

pk13

Why do rich Yanks of a certain age look terrible in suits?

Assuming The Onion will do Rudy Coffins.

thols2

Bankruptcy case dismissed, should stop Rudy trying to hide his assets.

https://x.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1811837969143075123

frankconway

Saw that. It won’t change his behavioiur or that of his acolytes/facilitators.

thols2

How does that saying about the dildo of consequences go again?

Rudy Giuliani disbarred in D.C., months after disbarment in New York

Kramer
    Free Member

According to the book I read, the only reason that Giuliani became Trump’s attorney was because he’d work for free, and no one credible was prepared to do the job.

MSP

I am quite surprised he hasn’t turned on trump yet, I guess there must still be more money in keeping up the grift.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Does that mean he can no longer work as a lawyer?

Were they the only two places he was registered?

If so, then the grift will be turned up to 11!

Northwind

Read a couple of things about this the other night- apparently it’s fairly easy to transfer jurisdictions/take the bar/do the UBE for about 2/3ds of states if you’re at least halfway competent, but there’s a definite unofficial downwards order. So you go “well I am too corrupt/stupid for California, but I can always move to Missouri” and then once you fail in Missouri you can always go “well kids we’re moving to Minnesota where they’ll let any huckster practice law.” But it’s also really easy to get disbarred from a second place once it happens in one, and some jurisdictions simply say “if you’ve been disbarred elsewhere you can’t register here”. And again that has a similiar unofficial pecking order, everyone knows who they look up to and down on.

But DC is more significant because it’s essentially “bottom-most respectable step”, getting disbarred from there is almost a symbolic thing, for a normal non-celebrity lawyer it’s the absolute end of your respectable career. Even in the lower jurisdictions you’ll always be recognised as a schmuck.

CountZero

I wonder how much Dementia Don’s outstanding bill for Juliani’s services stands at these days…?

mattyfez

I wonder how much Dementia Don’s outstanding bill for Juliani’s services stands at these days…?

It seems that entire circle is very busy suing each other as they need the money to pay for thier own individual convictions and out of court settlements.

Total scum, the lot of them.

MoreCashThanDash

Juliani’s daughter has been quite a fierce critic of him and Trump for some time now. Not sure there’s enough folk actually wavering to listen and understand what she is saying though.

Kramer
    Free Member

Juliani worked for him for free.

mattyfez

Actually worked for free? Or for free as far as the tax man and regulators are concerned…?

No one works for free.. Especially hot shot lawyers. There must have been some brown envelops passed under the table or some sort of equivalent… Unless Rudi is totally stupid..?

I can’t see him doing it just for ‘the exposure’ and adding trump to his CV…?

kimbers

Giuliani didnt work for free by choice, just another of trumps gullible marks

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/bankruptcy-law/giuliani-says-trump-campaign-rnc-owe-him-2-million-in-fees

Kramer
    Free Member

Especially hot shot lawyers.

Giuliani wasn’t a hot shot lawyer. Trump, as president, couldn’t persuade any decent law firms to take him on as a client.

mattyfez

Well maybe not a hot shot lawyer in the conventional sense, but he can add taking down a lot of the new york mafia to his CV.

That’s definitely a thing, whether it was done ‘properly’ or ‘playing the game’ is probably a seperate conversation!

FB-ATB

I thought a lot of the mafia take down was set in motion previously and he took the credit?

maccruiskeen

Giuliani wasn’t a hot shot lawyer. Trump, as president, couldn’t persuade any decent law firms to take him on as a client.

Well, there was one decent law firm but Trump didn’t seem to notice they were there – they’ve done very well out if him, he hasn’t done so well out of them. And unlike anyone else that has dealt with Trump they’ve walked away scot free. No indictments, not jail time, not bankruptcy, no national laughing stock, no hawking vitamin supplements  –  Those are the hot shots lawyers.

Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.