Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rubberized grip tape for brake levers to insulate and improve grip?
  • yohandsome
    Free Member

I’m long and have so so circulation in hands and feet making winter cycling a challenge at times.

Use Galibier gloves which are pretty good and have some silk liners on the way, but could use even more insulation, rubberized grip tape seems like a good idea to me also to improve grip, anyone tried? Any type of tape better than others?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Lizard Skins did some neoprene ones years ago, may be some still out there!

alpin
    Free Member

Heat shrink tubing?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I think there are some silicone sleeves from gonebikingmad.

sillyoldman

Self amalgamating tape.

yohandsome
    Free Member

Nice, yeah those are 0.76 mm thick compared to around 0.18 m for regular electrical tape, maybe just try a few layers of 3M electrical tape first and see? Or do you think thicker sealing tapes give better grip (using softer rubber presumably)?

Heatshrink is also not a bad idea. Can’t find any road specific products atm.

ajantom

Self amalgamating tape works well for this.
    Gave my Paul’s Love Levers a wrap to improve grip and protect from scratches.

damascus
    Free Member

Sugru?

crikey
    Free Member

Gloves.

Never put anything on your bike that doesn’t make it go faster.

yohandsome
    Free Member

Tried 4 layers of 3M 33+ 0.17 mm electrical tape on each lever near mimicking Self amalgamating tape (not wrapped around just on the front), looks good and worked really well as far as I can tell. Grip seems slightly better too.

hudders
    Free Member

Sticky Fingers are just what you need.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rubberized grip tape for brake levers to insulate and improve grip?’ is closed to new replies.