Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Rubber Queen Folding vs Mountain King II Folding
  • tricky-dicky
    Free Member

sorry try dales bike doctor too, he had some good prices last week.

Vortexracing

I tried the MK 2’s 2.2’s on Wed round Farleton Knott.

Not really impressed TBH. They are very small with little volume and seems to ‘ping’ off the rocks and didn’t grip too well either.

I ran them at 22psi front and 24psi rear (same as a run my HR and swampthings). The did roll better then then the 42a/60a HR combo, but that is to be expected.

It was however full of ‘sticky’ mud, so clogging may have had something to do with the lack of grip as well.

going to try a pair of 2.25″ Ardents this weekend to compare.

closetroadie
    Free Member

I’ve got some MK 2.2’s Folding Black Chilli Protection They are light, roll fast but do not grip too well esp on wet rock. Not used them much as its not usually dry round here.

hope
    Free Member

Thanks, there has been some great advice on here.

I pulled the trigger on the Black Chili 2.2 last night and look forward to trying them!

Nearly went for X-Kings but decided against it.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Spesh Eskar2 2.3s are on a par with the RQ Black Chilli

That’s what I run Eskar on the rear MK ll on the front, I also got my MK from Tweeks with 20% off for £35 Si well happy, Also have a friend going to Hamburg for 5 weeks today, will as him to see how much they are out there if there a lot cheaper he could get some more for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Rubber Queen Folding vs Mountain King II Folding’ is closed to new replies.