Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • RS Dual Air Settings
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

Is it just me or are the recommended air pressures on the back of RS forks (Revs & Rebas from the '08) way out? As in way too high.

clubber
    Free Member

Yes. I run about 40-60psi less than recommended

Rickos
    Free Member

Yes.

Tracey

I think they are all set too high on the forks we have

steve_b77
    Free Member

Thought so, just I've set up my new Rev's yesterday and put 90psi in the +ve air chamber to get 20% sag on a 130mm fork, thought it was a bit barmy then checked the Rebas on my other bike and they're the same.

What kind of -ve pressures do people run, more or less than the +ve chamber?

tony_m
    Free Member

I set the positive to 90psi which gives me the right amount of sag, and then set the negative to 50psi as this is the point where the negative pressure starts to pull the fork down into its travel when the bike is static. This is on '06 Revs, by the way.

julianwilson
    Free Member

yes, too high. Funny really since u-turn springs on pikes and revs always seem to be softer than you expect. The fixed (100mm) travel soft coil spring on my wife's recons is too stiff however. It feels slightly harder than the firm one i had on my pikes, which is theoretically 2 sizes heavier! You'd think they could crack something fairly measurabe like that wouldn't you?

Also I agree, quite a lot (25ish) less psi in negative chamber seems better for me.

igm

I like 5psi more in the negative chamber to make it soak up the fist sized cobble stuff in a really floaty way – but then I ride Dalby a lot where that kind of thing is important if you value you fillings (though they've smoothed out a lot of the more entertainingly bad surfaces recently)

Rickos
    Free Member

TF Tuned recommend whacking the Motion Control full on and then putting between 5 and 10psi more in the -ve chamber depending on your weight. That way you got a fork that's still supple over small bumps but doesn't dive as much under braking. It works well for me.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Rickos -> does this apply to adjustable flood gates, if so what setting do they recommend you have that on? As per instruction?

JohnnyPanic

And by

whacking the Motion Control full on

Do you mean fully open (some travel) or fully closed (locked out) ?

Rickos
    Free Member

I mean turn the gold knurled knob fully to on (external type) or using the allen key for internal MoCo so that if you didn't have more -ve air pressure it would nearly be locked out. The larger knob outside of the gold one then just acts as a lockout rather than a crude compression adjust.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘RS Dual Air Settings’ is closed to new replies.