Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • RS Bluto's on an On-One Fatty.
  • nickfry228
    Free Member

I was thinking of upgrading my Fatty with some Blutos, but On-One have told me that I can’t due to the geometry.
    I was wondering;
    1. What would the effects be (they come with 80,100&120mm)
    2. Has anyone out there done it?
    I wouldn’t have thought that 100mm travel would alter the geometry that much?
    Ta,
    Nick

russyh
    Free Member

Hi Nick,
    I ran my old OOF with 100mm blutos. No ill effects at all. It did change the bike and made it much better at descending, being hyper critical it did make the bike feel a bit clumsier and slightly numb (hardly a surprise). But as an all round bike in my opinion it was better. I cant remember the exact measurements, but im pretty sure it raised the front end fractionally.

Here is a pic of the Old girl. I have since changed to a Smokestone Henderson, which was designed around a 120mm fork. Its more trail orientated and feels very different to the OOF….But that wasnt your question

nickfry228
    Free Member

Thanks mate, I didn’t think that it’d make much of a difference. Nice ride by the way.

shaggy

100mm is fine, we made sure it would be during the design. 120 makes the front end a bit higher and slacker but should be ok, but perhaps a little vague.

nickfry228
    Free Member

Shaggy, do you work/design for On-One?
    I’ve just spoken to them and they’ve warned me that they’ve had a couple of frames crack at the head tube.
    I’m tempted to just get them and accept the risk.

shaggy

I have no association any more, but I did some of the design for this. I hadn’t heard about the cracked head tubes. I’d still say a 100mm should be fine, but, obviously, can’t guarantee it. A 120mm would give a bit more leverage on the HT, so a bit more likely to crack. I’m running a Lauf on mine at the moment but wouldn’t have any qualms about running a Bluto.

sgn23
    Free Member

If you’ve got the standard steel or carbon fork, you’ll need to swap the QR hub for a 15mm type. Add that cost to the Bluto and the Fatty Trail NX1 at £999 looks very attractive.

crispyrice

I run 120mm on mine, its awesome.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘RS Bluto's on an On-One Fatty.’ is closed to new replies.