Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • RRP proguard max and mudhugger questions
  • gnusmas

After Xmas holidays when the kids go back to school I’m hoping to be ready and motivated enough to start riding. I really hope so after the past year and a half I’ve had. Thinking of mudguards during the crappy weather, what do people use?

I like the idea of the proguard max with lots of coverage for the front, any idea if one of these can be fitted on the rear too? The specific rear one doesn’t look like it does much tbh.

The rear mudhugger seems good, but doesn’t look to cover the seat tube and bb area, which I’m guessing where the proguard is better.

Don’t fancy full guards on the Aeris, which I guess is the answer. What’s your opinions on the mtb guards out there? Running maxxis 2.5 tyres on it if it makes a difference.

Thanks

SirHC

Been using a crud catcher xl for a while now, very little if any mud/water gets near my face. It isn’t a looker, but i’d rather not be blinded mid corner by a lump of mud/spray and then crash!

patagonian
    Free Member

I’ve just fitted a mudhugger on the rear and it’s very good. I’ve also fitted a guard behind the down tube that runs from the mudhugger to below the BB but it makes very little difference as I’d suggest the BB is going to get plastered by the front wheel anyway.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Got both on mine and seem good but not perfect considering they cost around £40. Both need something on the frame lowers for total coverage.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘RRP proguard max and mudhugger questions’ is closed to new replies.