Viewing 4 posts - 561 through 564 (of 564 total)
  • Royal Enfield Himalayanists
  • kayak23

prawny

My forks are scored on my cheapo Vstrom and I’m weighing up the pros and cons of paying £500 to get it fixed vs part ex-ing it for something new.

I’ve quite enjoyed the extra power over the old Meteor, but not the fuel costs so much as a commuter. My local dealer is pumping out the old ones at £4000 which seems like a bargain, are they still useful? Or should I hang on fix the Vstrom and get something different in 2025?

Or is there anything else good, cheap (£5k or less) and reliable for a year round commuter?

kayak23

I wouldn’t still buy a new old Himalayan.
    There are so many part used ones about now for not much over 2k and often pretty low mileage.
    Seems like a great choice for a commuter.

There seems to be quite a few sets of VStrom forks about if you search.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176308589796?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=DLCzIwWjTva&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=OlG1u98HQpO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

prawny

My Strom is the 1000, are the forks interchangeable? Looks like most people are asking about going the other way. Used forks would probably the best answer tbh, it’s getting difficult to get someone to take my money to sort these at the moment. Guessing everyone is trying to get bikes on the road now.

Viewing 4 posts - 561 through 564 (of 564 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM