Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • rotors
  • scraprider
    Free Member

numpty question on rotors , is it worth going to a bigger rotor for my rear brake , currently got a 160. bike is mongoose teocali, normall type riding eg X.C , trails that type of thing.cheers

MrOvershoot

Don’t worry mine has a 203mm Hayes out back 😉

james
    Free Member

The only real issue will be making it more difficult to bed new pads in properly, as its harder to heat up to the same high temperatures

gingerflash

what have you got on the front? If you want more braking power, try going for a bigger rotor on the front first. loads of people use 180 front and 160 rear, some bikes come as standard like that.

A big rear rotor is most useful if you tend to drag or trail your brakes on very long descents as a bigger rotor will resist overheating better.

If you’re a heavy rider, you might be best off with big rotors at both ends though.

gingerflash

what James says is the downside of them resisting overheating.

scraprider
    Free Member

scraprider
    Free Member

cheers all , i got 180 up front and a 160 on the back , standard set up , just trying to improve overall braking ,nice one MrOverShoot,how you find the mongoose , i luv mine, really pleased with it

gingerflash

Not sure what brakes you’ve got but why not try some good quality sintered pads first?

scraprider
    Free Member

thanks all will try that first.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘rotors’ is closed to new replies.