Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 144 total)
  • Rooster
  • oxym0r0n

Blue you say? And sticking with 27.2 seatpost? Now seriously tempted

+another

myopic
    Free Member

Signed up this morning – personally favour the blue 🙂 and 27.2mm post

stevemorg2

signed up – also going for the blue option

dazzlingboy

Oh oh oh oh nearly missed this.

Question – I see reference to fork anything mounts up there which is great. I’ll be having those. I’d be looking for this as a bikepacking bike so rack mounting eyelets would be ideal – but your FAQs is clear – no other mounting points.

Is this an option at all?? Just want the 4 for a big rack on the back.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Thats me in too 😀 now for that build list! I’ve even came round to the yellow(though a nice mustard would be more in keeping with the Singular palette I reckon).

I’m hoping we can do something with the rims,I’d be keen on Duallys but I do remember trying to get P35’s when they came out and it was next to impossible, so if Sam or anyone else is doing owt I’d be keen to hear about it. Ditto tyres, if a tyre group but deal was happening.

Keef
    Free Member

I’ve used these for a while,with a bit of ‘modification’ faultless,and 47mm wide 😉

alternatives

Sam

No rear rack mounts – axle and seat clamp mounting should work fine with a compatible rack.

letmetalktomark

spoke to a chap at ISON yesterday – It would appear but wasn’t definitely confirmed that they might add an own brand 29er+ rim to their line up to complement their 80mm fat rim…….

@ Sam – Fired you an email about sizing and fork options etc of the Rooster – if it didn’t get through I will resend.

In all likely hood I would look to “make do” with a pair of Flow rims and Knards. Would seem less than ideal but as a temporary solution should work!

But do I need a Rooster & a Puffin …..

Sam

Sorry to have missed your mail Mark – you have a response now.

letmetalktomark

Thanks Sam.

Top man 8)

eddie11
    Free Member

Bump. People who’ve been drinking this evening only 4 hrs to go!

Go on it will be a great idea 🙂

vinnyeh

Also interested in any group buys etc wheel/tyre related

mikemorini
    Free Member

I’ll have mine in Blue please :mrgreen:

riddoch

I am just hoping that yellow remains an option.
    Evans have started stocking 29+ inner tubes and knard tyres which will be handy.

ASC
    Free Member

Any ideas when the new 29+ tyres will be available ?
    Chronicles & DW’s etc.
    Leaning towards the Blue but…when will you need the exact spec Sam?

ASC
    Free Member

Duplicated 😳

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Decisions decisions! Blue or yellow? Anyone else having difficulty? I’m leaning towrds yellow all the same.

stevemorg2

signed up for blue with the salsa enabler fit forks – now to decide on spec – silver bars, post and stem?

peanut
    Free Member

Would never usually buy a bright coloured bike, but anyhow went with yellow for some reason. Just seemed to suit the bike.

eddie11
    Free Member

Anyone (Sam) got any pics of what the fork will look like with anything mounts or what the spec for them is? Is it a normal fork with 3 holes in each leg or is there more to it?

brianp
    Free Member

I am in. Yellow, with anything cage mounts. Thought I would go for Swift blue if it was offered but the yellow just seems to suit the Rooster.

Bought a pair of Hope XC hubs yesterday. Will build as a single speed.

Would join a rim group purchase.

Brian

brianp
    Free Member

Wondering what build kit everyone is planning. I seem to be heading towards Alfine 8, front charging hub, Velocity rims, and possibly Jones Bars or keep with usual Mary Bars. Should look something similar to this neat Jones

Posted by Keep Pedalling on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Hoping better tyres arrive before frameset.

Brian

Clobber
    Free Member

Anyone had an update on when these are due?

Andy

September in last email

brianp
    Free Member

I didn’t get that email?

boltonjon

September…… “chuckles to himself and strokes his Puffin”

Clobber
    Free Member

@boltonjon I do wonder if I’ll be stroking my swift longer than anticipated…

@brianp it was in the kickstarter project update #3 email slipped in with the dually wheel offer…

YoKaiser
    Free Member

brianp, you’ve prompted an Alfine urge! Funnily enough my first bought part came through the other day, a King Dreadset from the probikeshop PSA. I’ve a pair of Groovy Luv Handles and some Thomson stuff to pinch from another bike and I plumped for the Dually rim deal too.

How many folks are thinking of a bikepacking Rooster? Or will it be for trail?

Clobber
    Free Member

I’m thinking it will cover my bikepacking and trail bike!

Andy

I didn’t get that email?

Was mentioned in the Rim Offer email.

Is that a euphemism… 😉

TBH I am in no rush and have now real worries about timescales. It will arrive when it arrives…..

riddoch

YoKaiser, are you sure the king headset is the right size? When I looked any the PSA there was only a 49mm rather than the 44mm you need on the rooster.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Oh dear….I’ve a feeling you may be right. I was assuming that all 1 1/8 to 1 1/2 headsets were the same even though I had a niggly doubt they might not be. I actually tried to look for any specs on the Rooster but drew a blank, looking at the Buzzard specs it confirms what you’re saying, seems that a 44mm ID headset is required which whilst is a tapered fork is not the same as a King tapered headset I think.

riddoch

The 44mm option seems to be slightly less common. The probikekit website has a very good headset search function but it only returned a couple of headsets with 44mm ID but not any that come as a set with a 11/8 top half. I’m building up a puffin at the moment that has the same dimension but I’m gone for a hope pick n mix bottom half.
    That chris king was a bargain and I they are lovely.

zigzag69
    Free Member

Oh bugger, yup that’s not going to work. Top cup looks OK, but look’s like an Inset7 lower cup (EC44/40) will be required.

https://chrisking.com/files/upload/instructions/inset_spec_table.pdf

Shoite, I wonder if you can buy the CK uppers/lowers separately?

boltonjon

Andy – Member
    I didn’t get that email?
    Is that a euphemism…

Its one of a couple of things that when i stroke it its puffs up 🙂

vinnyeh

Is that a euphemism…
    Its one of a couple of things that when i stroke it its puffs up

Hemorrhoids eh?

brianp
    Free Member
    brianp
    Free Member

Nice pic of a US based prototype with SS setup.

The single speed Rooster, ready for fall Roostin'…

Posted by Matt Gersib on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘Rooster’ is closed to new replies.