Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ron Hill Bikesters , do they still exist ?
  • oldfart

Gave up on waterproof trousers for MTBing had a chance to get a pair of Funkier water resistant tights but somehow Fleabay managed to lose them 🙄🙄 So do Ron Hillsstill exist ? Or anything similar? I’m thinking for underneath my Endura trousers.

boblo
    Free Member

Tracksters certainly do, not sure how they’re different from Bikesters?

MoreCashThanDash

Bikesters used to be thicker iirc, with a higher back.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I think there’s better stuff out here now for cycling. I’ve still got a couple of pairs (they just don’t die!) in a storage box under the bed just in case I run out of winter gear but they’re not windproof, not water repellant, and not all that warm either when compared to even relatively cheap Roubaix style bib-longs. They’re baggy/not stretchy too compared to cycling lycra so you don’t get the insulation benefit of trapping air next to your skin.

I’ve got some DHB Roubaix longs that I wear with waterproof bahggy shorts when it’s filthy and cold outside. The shorts are 90% fashion, but do work quite well for gravel when you’ve got faster (windchilly) road sections to do when your already wet and muddy as they keep the sides of your legs/bum warm.

fooman

jonba
    Free Member

I couldn’t find any when I looked. I went for the tracksters. They are ok but if you have long legs/are tall they tend to slip down at the back which the bikesters never did.

Got them from sportshoes. They do some own branded ones (higher state) which were cheaper but thinner so I decided against.

Like bum bags they’ll be back on trend soon 😉 we’ve sort of got close with people riding in skinny fit trackies.

boblo
    Free Member

I don’t ride in mine, they’re just for dossing/gardening/cleaning the car/DIY. Proper kit for cycling is so much better.

TheBrick
    Free Member

if its for under trousers then any tights would do? Infact for an only job I wore proper (high denier ) women tights under my work trousers for extra insulation. They were super flexible, offered just the right amount of insulation and cheap.

MoreCashThanDash

Infact for an only job I wore proper (high denier ) women tights under my work trousers for extra insulation. They were super flexible, offered just the right amount of insulation and cheap.And feel SO good

tonyd

Bikesters used to be thicker iirc, with a higher back.

And they had stirrups to stop them riding up your ankles. Agree with others – a proper pair of roubaix bib tights would be much better. But then again, IIRC a pair of Ron’s used to be about 15 quid

Watty

(they just don’t die!)

And the same goes for my purple Ron Hill Pertex cagoule thing that I must have had for 25 years or so. I certainly look the part 😂 on my ‘94 Stumpy!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

If you’re not too snobby Mountain Whorehouse do(or did) some windproof ish things with an arse pad, fleecy lined at the front, ankle grippy stuff & zips.
    Think I paid £24.99 or something. Less than £30 anyway.

Anna-B
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair @oldfart that I doubt I will ever wear again. I’ll check the size tomorrow and if you think they will fit you and you want them, they’re yours. I’m not sure if they did WSD, I’ll check that too 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ron Hill Bikesters , do they still exist ?’ is closed to new replies.