Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rockshox Revelation RC3- Stumpjumper edition
  • sharkattack

I’ve seen a few of these for sale and I like the look of them. They are OE on 2013 Stumpjumper Evo’s. I’m drawn in by the 20mm axle and the funky stickers.

Ebay link here

My question is, are they any good? Why have I seen so many of this particular OEM fork for sale while I’ve been looking for Revelations? Why aren’t they back at home on the front of a Stumpy Evo?

Is the travel adjustable either internally or externally? If they don’t feel right on the Bfe I’d like to be able to adjust them.

Should I be gutted that I missed those at £155 or did I dodge a bullet?

I promise when my bike is finished, no more fork threads 😉

jairaj

I think the description is wrong, from the picture of the top cap I don’t think it has a RCT3 damper. Looks like RL to me but I may be wrong.

But other than that you really need to verify what features the fork has got OEM forks can be anything. Some can use lower spec steel chassis or rebound could be the single rebound or better dual flow damper etc ..

But assuming its the same as a normal Rev RL but 20mm axle and its not a bad price at all.

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

I ended up with that pair.

They seem good (only done one ride though). I think they are essentially what they say -RC3.
    Rebound and 3 position Compression adjust without the threshold adjustment of RCT3.

So fully open then 2 firmer settings with the latter being almost fully locked out but not quite.

They say DNA+ so I think that’s the latest dual flow rebound circuit.

Having said that they are OEM so you can never be fully sure that they are exactly the same as after market.

I have dropped the lowers and given them some new oil and they seem very plush and well controlled.

philwarren11
    Free Member

I have a 13 stumpy evo with those forks. The description is correct as stated above.

Theyre very good forks but the stump evo apparently works great with a beefier fork and also the all black pikes look amazing fitted to it.

Ill be selling my forks in the next few weeks as well for this reason, probably get something at 160mm instead of the 150mm revs because of teh type of riding i like doing and where i live (south wales).

Im a bit gutted to see them going for that price to be honest, i might just keep them and put them on my hardtail.

jairaj

I think they are essentially what they say -RC3.
    Rebound and 3 position Compression adjust without the threshold adjustment of RCT3.

Ah got you. So they use a OEM damper as I can’t see a RC3 revelation or damper listed on Sram’s website.

A reason why I think that they are so cheap is that most forks in recent years are 15mm, 20mm is very rare now (even though we all know its the best). So I think a lot of people will be looking for 15mm as thats what they are running at the mo.

sharkattack

Thanks for the info so far. Can anyone answer my question about the travel? I’m a bit reluctant to invest in a fork with a fixed 150mm as I think I might need to wind it down a bit. I don’t mind if the adjustment is internal and not “on the fly”.

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

I’m not sure about travel. There are sag gradients on the stanchions for different travels so possibly.
    Sorry, I know that doesn’t help.

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

Looking at previous posts on here it seems they need a new air spring assembly for the desired length.

jairaj

Looks like a solo air fork, so you’ll need a new spring assembly to change the travel. I think they’re about £40.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Revelation RC3- Stumpjumper edition’ is closed to new replies.