Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rockshox Poploc Not Returning
  • Milkie
    Free Member

Was about to go for a ride and noticed that the Poploc isn’t springing back, it feels very stiff.

Taken the Moco unit out and it looks like the spring is wound up too tight on itself.

How on earth do I fix this? Tried pushing the spring, but don’t want to wreck it trying to fix it. Off to the Alps next week 😯

The shox are Rockshox Lyrik 2 Step RLR on a Genius LT.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

z1ppy

Is it wound to tight or has it broken?
    Disconnecting that spring was the ‘fix’ to convert them from poploc, to the fork crown based dial (with “Motion Control Comp Knob”)

As per this document created by PP

unklehomered
    Free Member

Can you move the compression control by hand? And does it spring back if not attached to the cable? It could be the cable is full of cack.

On the plus side, you won’t want to lock your forks out on the alps, and Poplocs don’t stand up to much abuse (killed mine on first alp trip), I would advise removing it for the trip anyway.

Milkie
    Free Member

Thanks zippy, thats the file I was looking for! Unfortunately it still isn’t right. It was wound too tight, managed to take off the plastic cage thing from the alloy 24mm nut end and reset the spring.

Now here’s the strange thing…
    When I tighten the plastic cage back on to the 24mm end the resistance increases in the poploc. This means when it is tight, so is the poploc and does not spring back. If I undo the cage slightly, it springs back perfectly. WTF? 😐

Rio

Sounds as though you have a similar problem to one I had with my poploc – the plastic seemed to have swollen so that the bit that sticks through the metal cap no longer rotated freely. My solution was to file the plastic down a bit. The only possible cause I can think of apart from a manufacturing defect is that I must have tightened the self-tapping screw that holds on the blue cap too much causing the plastic to expand, although I would have expected it to have enough elasticity to go back to the right size when you slacken it.

Poploc is IMHO almost completely useless and the best solution long term is to get rid of it as per the PP instructions.

Milkie
    Free Member

Glad to hear I’m not the only one with this weird problem Rio! I thought it didn’t seem right that the plastic tab wasn’t sitting flush with the Moco.. I’ll try filing off the excess tonight!

Nice one.

Milkie
    Free Member

Thanks for that Rio! It worked! Filed away some of the plastic round thing and it now works perfectly! Better than it ever has done!

I owe you a beer! 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Poploc Not Returning’ is closed to new replies.