Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Rocket Ron as a front tyre
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve got Racing Ralph’s fore & aft on my wagon wheeler, obviously they’re a bit pants in anything that’s a bit sloppy but great on everything else.

How does the 2.25″ Rocket Ron stand up as an alternative all rounder?

mrmo
    Free Member

I am using RRon front and rear and for what they are i find them ideal. Light reasonably grippy. Ok they aren’t great in deep mud but if it is a bit damp they are fine, and in dry weather (if we ever have any!!!!!) they are probably going to wear quite quickly because of the small knobs.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

mines been hassle free and very predictable on the front, only over the most shiny slippery bare roots did it struggle this winter – it seems hard wearing too, plenty of life left and i’ve had it about 9 months

gee
    Free Member

Just used them at R1 of the National XC series this weekend – heavy snow and mud.

Ride practice laps on Ralphs and was all over the place. Stuck the Rons on for the race and has so much more grip. Brilliant!

GB

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Brilliant! Been on my Anthem 29 since last summer just changed the rear Ralph over winter to a Beaver.I think the Ron is gonna outlast the Beaver and it copes with most stuff I throw at it!
    Thanx,
    Max

steve_b77
    Free Member

Excellent news, reckon ill get one in then

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I think RR’s are a pretty good tyre even in pretty wet and slippery conditions. I used them front and rear right up until late November last year with no real issue. They were fine over loose pebble surface of Cannock Chase. I swapped over to HD front, NN rear over the winter so not sure how they would have handled the real deep mud we’ve had since then.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Right then, where’s cheapest for the Evo tubeless ready ones?

njee20
    Free Member

I like them.

ActionSports are usually pretty cheap.

mtbfix

Where are you riding? If in the Chilterns, you will die.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Cheshire & Wales mainly

HermanShake
    Free Member

I really liked them when I had a pair, however I’ve heard/read that they don’t like rocks much due to the sidewalls which may be an issue with some of the more bracing Welsh trails.

Grippy, predictable and light but of a delicate disposition.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Rocket Ron as a front tyre’ is closed to new replies.