Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • rock shox sid can
  • simonray
    Free Member

hi all, newby so bear with me, i am in the throws of looking for a newer frame, prob freeride which i will also be able to cross country, but my problem is my marin is fitted with a sid rear xc can which needs a seal kit. i have tried local shops and even tf tuned but no luck. as im planning on selling it , i dont really want to send it off for a rebuild at approx £80, so really need to find a kit,any suggestions? and thanks in advance! simon

rickon
    Free Member

What frame is it? Likely it’s not worth spending the money on rebuilding the can, as it’ll need a service and nitrogen re-charge – which you can’t do at home.

Sell it as spares and repairs, and get yourself that new bike 🙂

simonray
    Free Member

Thanks rikon, its a marin mount vision, the air is coming out around the bottom of the can around the piston, put it in the sink to find that out, old school works best! but i think your right, just not the best time of year to find the cash! thanks.

Lummox

Could you fit another more modern and available shock? Just listed a 190 x 51 monarch in the classifieds

tinglesrack
    Free Member

I had one of these old Sid Dual Air shocks and amazingly I found the exact size 2 seals i needed in one of those workshop o-ring kits in Aldi supermarket for £5.

simonray
    Free Member

unfortunately lummox its only 165 eye to eye otherwise i would snap your hand off, i was thinking about finding a o ring in my mass of stuff just to keep me going for now, will be looking for a yeti if i can afford one! thanks guys!!

Lummox

Worth a shot, good luck in your hunt

teethgrinder

I have an old dual air sid in the spares drawer. I think. Yours for postage. Lost the N2 and oil so hopefully RM won’t fence it off

teethgrinder

And it’s 165mm. Also have a Float R and an air vanilla that need a service in the same size.

simonray
    Free Member

have e-mailed you teeth grinder.thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘rock shox sid can’ is closed to new replies.