Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rock Shox Reba RL or RLT
  • neville
    Free Member

Can somebody explain what the difference is between the Rock Shox Reba RL and RLT, and which one is better?

My head hurts trying to work it out!

neville
    Free Member

It’s OK I’ve found it! In case you are interested:

RL = “R”ebound and “L”ockout externally adjustable utilizing standard Motion Control unit
    RLT = “R”ebound, “L”ockout, and Lockout “T”hreshold externally adjustable utilizing standard Motion Control unit
    RLT Ti = “R”ebound, “L”ockout, and Lockout “T”hreshold externally adjustable utilizing BlackBox Motion Control Unit

As you were…

redfordrider
    Free Member

Go with the RL every time. The ‘T’ is not worth the extra money, neither is the remote poplock – mine stopped working after a couple of months and is now in the parts bin. Rockshox have become too complicated – which is perhaps why the 2013 models are no longer dual air.

Northwind

The upgrade to blackbox used to be 100% worth it… Not so sure now since I think the RL should have the upgraded rebound circuit?

d45yth
    Free Member

Whichever you chose, I don’t think Merlin can be beaten on price.

neville
    Free Member

Interesting, thanks Guys.

I was going to go for the RLT through Bike-Discounts.de as it’s cheaper than the RL version!

If I’ve got a poplock from an old set of forks would I be able to use it on the Rebas?

d45yth
    Free Member

You can only use the pop/push lock’s on the forks that were designed for it. If it’s advertised without, it will have a lever on top of the fork…the others have a hole and fixing point for a cable instead.

simonptm
    Free Member

I HAVE A SET OF REBA 120MM RLT’S NEW WITH SHOCK PUMP AND MAXLE READY TO GO.. I HAVE A PRAM TO BUY! WHOOPIE! 🙂

swingbing
    Free Member

I have found the T in my RLT’s to be useful as I am a bit heavy, so it helps to increase the threshold so the forks don’t blow through their lockout too easily when really stamping on the pedals whilst climbing. I have uber-torque obviously 😐

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rock Shox Reba RL or RLT’ is closed to new replies.