Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • ROB LEE-discuss
  • italspark
    Free Member

didnt do the whw twice then……..should he stick to nice southern trails?
    does anyone care ?

njee20
    Free Member

Harder man than most of us could ever dream of being!

Top bloke too, he wouldn't have jacked without genuine reason.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I know england possibly have a problem this year on the right, but he's way too old I dont think he's playing professionally any more is he ?

pedalhead
    Free Member

Used to ride with Rob a while back. Top chap, super fit, top respect.

trail_rat
    Free Member

he will be back …. if not ill have to have a go 😉 – WHW wouldnt and isnt my first scottish choice for that sort of attempt !

GaryLake
    Free Member

What are your credentials italspark out of interest?

njee20
    Free Member

He did do all the 7 Stanes, plus riding in between them, he has been north of the border!

Dougal
    Free Member

WHWD is a total mega challenge, just going one way in half the time is a mission.

italspark – Considering you have another thread asking about 20t chainrings, you are in no position to question anyones toughness.

trail_rat
    Free Member

true true gary lake – very easy to criticise from behind the keyboard !

at least he is out there breaking the mould – anyone can ride round a field for 24 hours – they might not do many laps they wont win but no matter what anyone says with the right frame of mind ANYONE can do it …

it takes a really dedicated person to ride a point to point in a time frame – not everyone can do that !

GaryLake
    Free Member

Yeah, I reckon Rob quitting on the WHW would no doubt have been one of the hardest decisions he's ever had to make, and his prep was immensely good in the build up.

Conclusion, WHWD is a mentalistic ride!

aviemoron
    Free Member

I've done it one way, it's baaaaad. Well done Mr Lee for even putting himself up for the attempt. Wild horses couldn't drag me back to the LL stretch!

sofatester
    Free Member

italspark your either a troll or a fool.

Which is it? 😉

mafu26
    Free Member

thought it was a really good article. good effort lad!

twinklydave

Never met him but from what I've seen/read he's just a bloke that really, really likes riding bikes, buggering off into the countryside for long periods of time, isn't up himself and has a nice writing style.

Not sure what else you'd want or expect?

13thfloormonk

I would be immensely proud of myself if I even completed one leg (south to north) in 14 hours, in daylight, so what he managed was really impressive.

BUT

I don't think he did himself any favours with the write up, came across a bit sort of, whiney…

dmiller
    Free Member

The WHW is a bitch that's beaten me a few times. He gets boat loads of respect from me for getting as far as he did in the time he did!

aviemoron – Member

I've done it one way, it's baaaaad. Well done Mr Lee for even putting himself up for the attempt. Wild horses couldn't drag me back to the LL stretch!

Yes. I get nightmares about that section myself still. Only got through it by getting drunk on sugar from gels!

rOcKeTdOg

Rob lee who?

Ride7ds
    Free Member

Hi italspark

I really dont get the personal attack thing on someone you dont know and have most likely never met. However how about we go for a ride then drink some tea/beer or eat some cake and see if you still the same way about me?

I just want to ride bikes and push myself and then given the opportunity I will write for anyone interested in the hope that it does something positive for the sport that I love.

Sorry you have a problem with that

Rob Lee

dmiller
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member

Rob lee who?

Rob Lee’s West Highland Way (nowhere near) Double

West Highland Way Double Attempt & Endurance Film Announced

He attempted to do the WHW both ways in 32 hours. Its 100 miles (roughly) each way and involves a 7 mile section of hike a bike nightmare each way. He did manage to do one way in 14 hours – thats impressive on its own!

He's also the dude that posted up there.

sparky
    Free Member

First time I came accross Rob was at an mtb race ,he'd entered 2 races on the same day and won both. Sdw double etc etc. Friendly and approachable too unlike some other riders who are up themselves.

nuke

Ignore the OP Rob. Never met you but previously read what you've achieved…anyone who can complete the SDW double has my respect. Keep doing what you're doing…there's lots of people out there who are interested. 🙂

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I've known Rob for years and he's a top bloke, not a bad word to say about him.

It's about time that a few of these keyboard jockeys gave a bit of respect to people who get out there and try stuff, not everyone can succeed, if it was that easy everyone would be doing it!

I've been quite a handy racer in my time but would never do a solo 24hr race or undertake some of the madness that Rob does, respect to everyone who has a go.

glenncampbell

I think Rob is a top bloke – making a fantastic effort on a super tough ride. He sensibly called it a day when it was no longer safe – that takes real guts. So, in answer to the question posed he should try again, not stay on southern trails and a lot of riders here do care – including me.

Blower
    Free Member

italspark – Member
    didnt do the whw twice then……..should he stick to nice southern trails?
    does anyone care ?

utter prick! keyboard jockeys fookin hate em!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Oh no, italspark is…

tazzymtb

Rob seems to come across as a decent bloke who loves bikes and getting out pushing himself. Which would appear to be vastly different the majority of fat boy weekend warriors on singletrack (which may explain the animosity) who'd vomit a lung if they had to actually do any cardio-vascular work, but are happy to slag someone from behind a keyboard.
    Robs response to the criticism again shows to him to be a top/honest/straight forward bloke.

STW really can have some silly c*nts on it at times

oldgit
    Free Member

Not heard of him for a while. I remember getting all fired up by his writings on solo 24s about the time of the first Strathpuffer.
    He was there too and I was going solo (sure it was him anyway) anyway sort of inspirational.
    And you dropped your Co2 inflator Rob and when I tried to give it back you just shot past.
    Which was a bit rude however I didn't wee on it.

Me
    Free Member

As above really, keep doing them, keep writing about them- the 7 deadly spins thing inspired me to try and do a c2c double in under 24hrs… I ended up soaking wet sleeping on the doormat of a public toilet in Garigill!

Talkemada
    Free Member

scu98rkr – Member
    I know england possibly have a problem this year on the right, but he's way too old I dont think he's playing professionally any more is he ?

😆

All together now…

"He's got a pine-apple, on his head; He's got a pine-apple, on his head!"

mike_check
    Free Member

Talkemada – haha! you're thinking of Jason Lee!

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I thought that was jason lee ?

Talkemada
    Free Member

Talkemada – haha! you're thinking of Jason Lee!

😳

😆

What an idiot I truly am!

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I don't think he did himself any favours with the write up, came across a bit sort of, whiney…

I guess everyone reads things differently but it didn't strike me as whiney. And I hate whingers.

OP: you're a bit of a dick mate.

el_boufador

Well I really enjoyed the article!
    Good on him – looks well tough and there is no way I could conceivably do it just the 1 way without mega training.

druidh
    Free Member

Where is this article then?

cinnamon_girl

I enjoyed reading that. Huge respect for getting out of your comfort zone and setting yourself these crazy challenges. 😀

fontmoss
    Free Member

First time I came across Rob

snigger

simonk
    Free Member

good article Rob and a top attempt, look forward to the rematch.

devs
    Free Member

It's a bad thing this thing they call Tall Poppy Syndrome. Hats off to the man for trying but also for knowing when to give up. They kill a lot of Englishmen those hills you know!

crazy-legs

Where is this article then?

Rob Lee’s West Highland Way (nowhere near) Double

Front page – there's more to this place than just a forum!
    Hats off Rob, well done on what you did, thats pretty epic by itself!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘ROB LEE-discuss’ is closed to new replies.