Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Roadie lever: 7800 smaller than 6600
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Following from earlier thread, anyone know if 7800 unit is smaller/neater than the ultegra 6600 or not much between them? ta

fontmoss
    Free Member

bump

crikey
    Free Member

Have a look on the web. The levers with visible cables ate bigger than those without.

fontmoss
    Free Member

yeah been looking at the web and difficult to find anywhere with a direct comparison. new ultegra levers are night and day compared to the 6600 (and 7800 pics) but 7800 were around the same time and can’t tell if the size difference is neglibible?

crikey
    Free Member

I’ll take a photo just for you that will involve me getting out of bed and getting dressed. You bloody pain.

crikey
    Free Member

10 speed 105 compared to 10 speed Ultegra. 105 on the bike.

crikey
    Free Member

Sorry for the quality; still in me pjs.

fontmoss
    Free Member

lol cheers for that! pjs eh? Hope that means night shift rather than illness

Ever used the dura ace 7800 units? any idea if closer in shape/size to the 105 or ultegra you have pictured?

crikey
    Free Member

Yeah night shift…Booo..

As far as I know, all the Shimano STI units that have the cables coming out of the side are the same size, from Tiagra thruogh 105, Ultegra and D-A.

The ‘new shape’, concealed cable STI units are also all the same size, including the Di2 and Ultegra electronic STI.

I’ve not used the D-A 7800, but they are the same shape and action as the Ultegra versions I pictured.

As I said, I much prefer the new concealed cables version; a lot more thought seems to have gone into the ergonomics, they fit my hands better and are slightly different in the angle that they attach to the bars, allowing a smoother flat-bit-of-the-drops to lever transition.

fontmoss
    Free Member

damn so I need to buy new 5700 or 6700 levers to get that shape. Hmmm maybe I’ll wait a couple years and go for di2….. 😀

crikey
    Free Member

THe 105 levers are about £150; works for me!

fontmoss
    Free Member

150 is a lot when a measly student!

But I guess i could migrate them to the cross bike in a few years….

crikey
    Free Member

Are you doing the Tour of Flanders?

Make sure you go to the best bike shop in the world; Van Eyck Sport in Aalst.

I bet they are cheaper from there… I’ll see if I can find them..

crikey
    Free Member

van eyck sport aalst

Stick that into google for a location; it’s the biggest selection of kit you’ll ever gaze at, but I can’t find prices.

fontmoss
    Free Member

sadly not, couple mates pulled out so the trip collapsed. Gutted 🙁

crikey
    Free Member

Oooo, bad one. I did it last year and it’s a grand do.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Roadie lever: 7800 smaller than 6600’ is closed to new replies.