Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rim width / Tyre width / Total Wheel weight
  • silasgreenback

Need some new rims (probably wheels for the price) and tyres for the Orbea Rise.

ideally  i’d ru2.4 tyres on 30 id rim but seen a great deal on some 37id rims. Is that just too wide for a 2.4 tyre?

I could jump to a 2.6 which is presumably a better match?  but that takes me from a ~1kg tyre to ~1.2kg tyre. I’m thinking will be a heck of a difference. Or given The ebike is over 20kg anyway will it all be neglible in comparison to carrying another 1kg of water come spring n summer?!!

if i go for the 37rim wheelset I can essentially get my conti’s for free compared to going narrower rim and 2.4’s

cookeaa

I see no technical reason you couldn’t mount a 2.4″ tyre in a 37mm internal width rim… Are they actually 37mm internal though?
    You’re sure they’ve not listed external width? Sometimes that happens (mostly with road rims TBF).

Kramer
    Free Member

2.6 would be better on the 37mm internal width rims IMO.

2.4 would work, but may be a bit square, possibly effecting cornering when the bike is leant over.

The extra weight would probably effect the range on the bike, but I’ve no idea by how much.

ajantom

Two things…

2.4 tyres will be fine on 37mm rims.

…and I find it so weird in this day and age that we still use imperial and metric when talking about wheels and tyres 😆

2.4″ tyre on a 37mm rim? It’s difficult to visualise…

A 61mm tyre on a 37mm rim makes much more sense!

silasgreenback

Kinda thought as much. Thanks.

they’re definitely 37 internal.

think i’ll try the old tyres for a ride ir two before committing to 2.4 or 2.6

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.