Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Right. Let's get it over and done with then (Liverpool FC Footie content).
  • mossimus
    Free Member

Was at stamford Bridge last night, after first 15 minutes Newcastle looked great, don’t know why at 3-1 and a man up they decided pull all players back behind the ball, thought they had thrown it away when they did this. Came good in the end though.

Best game I have been to in ages.

carbon337
    Free Member

That penalty decision was a shocker.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

But do Carling Cup results really mean anything? Even some Championship teams put out weakened sides to give fringe players bigger game experience so any ‘shock’ results are usually not that much of a shock? A Premiership side full of fringe players versus a lower league team with all its first team players and they are all up for one of the biggest nights of their careers… No shock there really.

Got to say the only ‘shock’ result I can think of from recent time was the Leeds v Manyuu in the FA Cup when both teams had very strong sides out. Even then Leeds rode their luck and just hung on after the peno goal.

mossimus
    Free Member

Carbon: Was in the away end so penalty was at other end of pitch. In all fairness V cooly taken by Anelka

chiefgrooveguru

Cobblers!

Sawyer
    Free Member

Soz, but I can’t see Arsenal winning the PL unless Chelsea or Man U mess up, or you buy about 4 shit-hot World class players in January.

We’ll see. The team we have now is better than any other team in the league, bar possibly Chelsea, we’ll see in a couple of weeks though.

binners

What a joyous evening last night was. Sat with a beer watching us stuff Scunthorpe (Hats off to them though – they came to play and gave us a game!). Then sat watching the results come in on Sky Sports news. City out. Chelski out. Then… oh joy of joys…. the scousers out to the mighty Northampton. AT ANFIELD!!! How frightfully embarrassing

No offense to Elf and the other scousers, but it was like somebody had written in on my behalf….

😀

binners

The Daily Mash gets it spot on again

Ferguson Sends Photo Of Arse To Scunthorpe Match

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I don’t think Hodgson will be out so soon, but he’ll be gone soon – my bet would be he won’t last the season.

LFC fans seem to think that their clubs entry into competitions is guranteed, rather than having to play for them.

Can’t say “the little team” did much better, but at least we held Man U to 3-3 rather than losing to them!!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The team we have now is better than any other team in the league, bar possibly Chelsea, we’ll see in a couple of weeks though.

What, when you’ve actually played anyone decent? The Arse had to rely on a mistake by Reina to get a point at Anfield against a shit Liverpool with 10 men! And a fluke last week against Sunderland. Wake up and smell the coffee (wonderful examples of which can be found in some of the North African places down Blackstock Road).

Arsenal wil have run out of steam again by January. Funny how there doesn’t seem to be the pressure on Wenger like here is on other managers. Granted, he’s won a few things, but that was quite a while ago now, and the English game has changed somewhat. And he’s always been eclipsed by Bacon Face.

Binners; the way your lot are playing, you’ll be lucky to win the Carling Cup! I suspect your American owners may not be able to sustain that £1 Billion+ debt for too much longer. Still, Real will take Rooney off your hands for £325 million or something stupid, so at least you’ll get something back. I wouldn’t laugh too soon…

If Liverpool are to survive as a top club, they will need some substantial investment, guaranteed funds to compete in the transfer market, and a decent manager with the ability to win big. Hmm, apparently Sam Allardyce thinks he’s good enough for Real and Inter…. 😆

BadlyWiredDog

You know the idea of supporting a team instead of laying into them? Is it dead? I’m so utterly sick of people slagging off their own team in a completely negative way. Top sides are the worst, there’s a sense of entitlement about a lot of big four supporters and a shallow belief that winning stuff is all that football’s about.

It’s not though, is it? As a gooner I have utter respect for what Wenger’s managed on a relatively small budget over the past five years and actually, I don’t care that we’ve not won a major trophy for while, the team is magical to watch when it’s on song and the club’s on a fascinating journey that’s not just about throwing money at big name players.

I get so tired of so-called supporters slaughtering the manager and the board for not spending huge amounts on overpriced players – and while we’re here, Benitiez, a genius who basically wanted Gareth Barry instead of Alonso? Sums him up really.

What would have happened to Jack Wilshere if we’d spent 20 million on a new midfielder last summer? He was astonishing against Spurs the other night, but everyone wants success now. On a plate.

News flash – only one club wins the Premiership every year. Only one club wins the Champions League. If you think failing to do either makes your team crap, you’re in for a whole world of disillusionment.

How about supporting a team through thick and thin and enjoying the downs as well as the ups? Not a modern concept I know, but not such a bad way to be.

BadlyWiredDog

If Liverpool are to survive as a top club, they will need some substantial investment, guaranteed funds to compete in the transfer market, and a decent manager with the ability to win big.

Too much playing Championship Manager on the Playstation eh? How many Barca players came through their academy system? Sure they spend big too, but the fundamental base of their team is home grown. And that’s how Liverpool used to be, isn’t it?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You know the idea of supporting a team instead of laying into them? Is it dead? I’m so utterly sick of people slagging off their own team in a completely negative way. Top sides are the worst, there’s a sense of entitlement about a lot of big four supporters and a shallow belief that winning stuff is all that football’s about.

All the time I’ve been alive, Liverpool have been a top club. So, there is the expectation that they will win stuff. Which they do, from time to time, but not as much as previously. The league title has eluded us now for 20 years. That’s a long time. Man U had to wait 26 years before they won another one. As for ‘slagging them off’; I just want to see Liverpool win. I’m not interested in just being content with watching them play pretty football; it’s about winning stuff. If I want to see grace and beauty, I’ll go to Sadlers Wells.

Much of the criticism against Liverpool is not aimed at the club, but the numpties who’ve driven us into debt, and failed to provide the funds to buy the best talent. There are young players coming up through the youth academy; sadly none have matured into the top class players Liverpool need, since Carra and Gerrard. Martin Kelly is one exciting prospect coming up through the ranks now though, and there are a few others, notably Jay Spearing, who show some talent. It’s not all doom and gloom.

As a gooner I have utter respect for what Wenger’s managed on a relatively small budget over the past five years and actually, I don’t care that we’ve not won a major trophy for while

Typical Arsenal fan. You just don’t have the expectation of winning stuff, because you know that you’re always in the shadow of better teams. As for your ‘kids’; they have a tendency to bottle it in the really big games. Or sit on the pitch crying. Your best player is Fabregas, who will go at some stage. The only question is when, not if.

As for academies: how many are League Champions Chelsea’s first team are from their youth system? One. John Terry. The rest have been brought in. It’s about having the best tools for the job. Chelsea have money for Snap-On; Liverpool have to make do with Draper.

higgo
    Free Member

It’s about having the best tools for the job. Chelsea have money for Snap-On; Liverpool have to make do with Draper the bendy allen keys you get with Ikea furniture.

BadlyWiredDog

Your best player is Fabregas, who will go at some stage. The only question is when, not if.

And you think Torres is going to hang around while you flounder in mid-table mediocrity. Typical London-based faux Liverpool fan who thinks winning is everything and somehow Liverpool have a god-given right to success. You’re crap, you rely on Gerrard and Torres and you’re right to be desperate. Your team is going nowhere right now. Not only do you not win stuff, you don’t even play attractive football. Go and support Chelski or Man City, they sound like your kind of team – spend, spend, spend, win, win, win… ad nauseum 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You’re very boring aren’t you? The highlight of an Arsenal fan’s life; baiting Liverpool fans.

(Toddles off to watch Liverpool Champions of Europe DVD)

Higgo, on the other hand…

Liverpool have to make do with Draper the bendy allen keys you get with Ikea furniture.

😆

Jamie
    Free Member

(Toddles off to watch Liverpool Champions of Europe DVD)

I guess the past is the best place to be a Liverpool fan.

warton
    Free Member

It’s not Woy’s fault. He’s just not up to managing such a huge club

He got Inter to a EUFA cup final.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

He got Fulham to pretty much the same thing. Din’t win though did he?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I guess the past is the best place to be a Liverpool fan.

Another Gooner I take it? 🙂

At least we’ve got a ‘past’ when it comes to Europe…

warton
    Free Member

I was just pointing out that he is very much used to managing a big club. I’ve always rated Hodgson, thought the newcastle board missed a trick when he went to Fulham. I think he’ll get it right at Liverpool, if he gets the time, which is always the issue these days.

cann68
    Free Member

As a kid in the 70s and 80s i despised Liverpool, listening to my mates (glory hunting **** faces)crow on and on, while as a Chelsea fan all we had to cheer was not getting relegated to div2 and winning an occasional match. But, with that said, English footie needs big clubs like Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea etc to shine and show the way. Every club has its ups and downs, Liverpool will get it back, of that i’m sure, just might take a while.

Before anyone says i didn’t mention Arse-hole, tough, bunch of whining snobs 😈

Sawyer
    Free Member

Another Gooner I take it?

At least we’ve got a ‘past’ when it comes to Europe…

Yeah but no present.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You’re right; it’s been ages since we last won the CL. When did you last win it?

Oh, yeah, sorry…

Sawyer
    Free Member

Liverpool fans, living in the past. You should have that on the crest.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Quite funny, considering Liverpool have actually won a trophy more recently than Arsenal. 😆

higgo
    Free Member

I suspect your American owners may not be able to sustain that £1 Billion+ debt for too much longer.

Elfie… you can speculate on United’s debt but it’s just speculation (or wishful thinking). What is certain is that, if liverpool haven’t paid their debt to RBS in 21days the bank will take control of the club.

Two likely consequences of this:
    1: you will enter administration as a legal consequence of the bank taking control. So you will lose 9 points, taking you into the merseyside derby bottom of the table, quite possibly on negative points.
    2: RBS will sell you to whoever comes up with the asking price first without concern for the interests of the club.

MrSparkle

Saying nowt. We lost to fookin’ Burnley.

trailmonkey

I’d be willing to bet that if Hodgson was given the amount of time and money that Benitez was, then he’d achieve more.

All this talk of Hodgson being out of his depth are disrespectful of a well respected mananger within the game and fail to accept exactly who and where LFC are in the wider scheme of things right now.

The days of LFC being a great achieving club are long gonne

ollie
    Free Member

Should’ve got Ollie in as manager. At least he’d give us a laugh!

yeah give me a go!! I like to make people laugh!! 😀

binners

Elfinsafety – Unfortunately I suspect you’re right. While I’m enjoying gloating at the moment, I suspect that give it a couple of seasons and we could be in the same boat. 400m already gone out of the club in interest payments alone. Do you think anyone believes fergie when he says he has funds available to buy players?

Liverpool and United fans have got more in common than they think. We’re both being milked by a bunch of mercenary yanks who couldn’t give a flying **** about the heritage of the club, as long as they make plenty of cash. That these ‘leveraged buyouts’ are legal in the first place is a scandal.

It has to be remembered also though that all the money Abramovich has sunk into Chelski is in the form of loans. If (when) he decides he’s bored with his plaything, they’re ****ed as well. It’ll be fire sale time a la Leeds

Haze

The new/next Leeds

cann68
    Free Member

Binners – Abromovich has written off all his Chelsea loans, so, if he does leave (unlikely) Chelsea owe him nothing.

Sawyer
    Free Member
Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Right. Let's get it over and done with then (Liverpool FC Footie content).’ is closed to new replies.