Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Right, enough of this cold weather business, who's booked their summer holibobs?
  • lemonysam
    Free Member

Head to New Zealand* a month on Thursday, won’t be back until August. Hooray!

*Then on to various other countries.

tomhoward

on today and it appears that MrsMC has booked it so we are landing under cover of darkness, which wasn’t in the original invasion plan, though possibly a wise precaution.

He last time I went to France, we got the ferry, though it was the day before some big WWII re-enactment/show type affair, so as we are sat in the car on the ferry, we are surrounded by all manner of military hardware, jeeps trucks, artillery, basically everything save for tanks, with hundreds of passengers dressed up as such, on a boat to France (Dunkirk as it goes)

Surreal

jekkyl

Mini Jek #2 is inconveniently arriving mid may so we’re not going abroad this year, have booked a week in the Lakes, Keswick. No bikes will be coming apparently 🙁 although I have booked my first visit to BPW before he/she arrives and I’ll be able to have 6 weeks off paid paternity/holiday so I’m sure I will be allowed out occasionally on 2 wheels during that period. 🙂

Stainypants

Forest of Dean for a week at Easter, Brittany for a week at Whit and Northern Spain and Pyrenees for 3 1/2 weeks in summer including a week in Andorra. Planning to attempt stage 11 from last years Veulta with 5000m of ascent.

themilo
    Free Member

C’an picfort is alright. Went with the little uns a few years ago. If it’s the all inc first choice place it’s not too bad. Resteraunt on site is/was pretty decent and the staff were nice. Only did a week – not a massive amount to keep you entertained but ok place to chill in the warmth.

Andy-R

Twenty weeks in Platsa, Messinia again this summer, God willing. I can’t wait…..

Pigface
    Free Member

Off to Denver at end of May, going to see the outdoor MotoX at Thunder Valley 😀 couple of Baseball games and hang out with friends, can’t wait.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just about to start 2 weeks in Laos and then a few days in Cambodia. Its only 31 in Singapore today, should be a bit cooler in Laos too thankfully

ads678

Me, the Mrs and the 2 kids are driving down to the Alps, Samoens, for a few days camping and biking, then carry on to the Pyrenees for a week via a few days camping somewhere on the med coast, south of France. Might have a stop off in Paris on the way home. All this in August. Got a skiing hol in Andorra before that though!!

cheshirecat
    Free Member

3 weeks camping booked in the Dordogne in August – taking bikes. Already scoped a 30km off-road route from the campsite, plus lots of quiet lanes for the road bike.

Looking for a solo adventure in June. Maybe Alps, maybe Lakes or Scotland. Wife is a teacher and kids are at school, so it’s just me.

superfli
    Free Member

Got 2 weeks in Slovenia with my brothers family and our parents. 10 of us in all. Got a very large villa booked and will be smuggling my bike over there.
    https://imagesus-ssl.homeaway.com/mda01/f37200a4-f9a5-4a5f-bd9f-d9e18f280e6e.1.10

Hopefully getting a few days riding with Jon@rideslovenia, Iztok (local guide+ trailbuilder) close by, and take the kids to Flow trail in Petzen, which I cant wait to take the boys on

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJZHJsjDxcY[/video]

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I need to get organised.

I’m thinking maybe Finale early as practical in Spring.
    Garda again for Summer hols maybe, or possibly Les Arcs.
    Would like to do the guided Trans Savoie sometime soon too.
    Don’t know if I’ll get to the Mega this Summer but hopefully 🙁

13thfloormonk

Honeymoon in Sorrento 😀

Looks like I might sneak in a day on the road bike once she’s sick of me, lots of tasty looking roads nearby, not sure if the pedal up Vesuvius is worth it but it would add to my list (of one, so far) of Volcanoes ridden up on a road bike 8)

Oh, and a week in September, probably planning a coastal hike round Islay and Jura, tick off some more remote bothies and see a whirlpool!

willard

I might get a spring break in Kabul this year, but for summer, I think I’ll head off the beaten track and see if I can go somewhere exciting.

To be honest, I quite like the idea of Saalbach (spelling?) following a post on here late last year. However, if I have the time and any money left, I might try and go to Australia and/or NZ to catch up with friends. I might even try something more adventurous and head to South America or Nepal, or somewhere else I have always dreamed of going.

scandal42
    Free Member

I want to go back to Central America, Belize and Nicaragua in particular, but I imagine it won’t quite happen like that.

I am however going to Scotland for two weeks in June, I’ve never been before and I am very much looking forward to it.

Watch out for the future ‘help – where in Scotland’ threads 🙂

munrobiker
    Free Member

Denmark in late May.
    Ballater in July.
    Looe in late July.
    Newquay in August.
    Killin in November, probably.
    Bikes somewhere in Scotland in either May or July.

Holidaying regularly keeps me sane.

Kahurangi

Indian Himalayas on bikes for us.

fettlin

USA of America, Orlando for two weeks end of May begining of June.

cant wait now, theme parks, cheap food and a bag full of Oakleys on the way home 🙂

sargey

Orlando for a week in August to see daughter who will be working out there,then a few days in new orleans then up to atlanta for golf and booze.

Can’t wait.

Marin
    Free Member

3 weeks in Alps. Week with Ben Jones then heading to Italian bikeparks. Week sailing in Norway late summer. Off to Portugal in 5 weeks for downhill riding week.As many weekends away in van as I can manage in UK.

badnewz
    Free Member

Business idea: Singletrackworld package holidays.
    For the riders who can’t stand the British winter.

Haze

Mallorca first week of March, fancy Gran Canari with the beloved later in the year…climbs looked fantastic on my last (bikeless) visit.

ahwiles
    Free Member

3 weeks, British Columbia, September.

1 week, Dorset, June.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

There’s a week in Cornwall in July with the in-laws, that’s it at the moment. I’ll take my road bike down and get away for some long roads hopefully.

sharkbait
    Free Member

A couple of weeks in N Wales over the summer and a week in Croatia sailing again – can’t wait for spring to arrive.

lerk
    Free Member

Only thing booked as yet is my first school holidays holiday in 15 years…
    A week in Paphos with a water park, many pools and supposedly great snorkelling available.

My partners daughter was really excited to be going on her first ‘proper’ holiday on an aeroplane and everything – her dad then told her its very close to a war… knob!

Fortunately she is quite level headed and understands that we wouldn’t be allowed to go if it was that bad.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Currently spending a couple of days in sunny Dartmouth (its warmer than Taunton).
    Cyprus booked for May (taking kids + parters + grandson) 😯
    Also two weeks in Porthtowan in June

durhambiker
    Free Member

Easter road trip to Nerja on the Costa del Sol all booked and sorted, with a 3 night stopover in Oloron Sainte Marie on the way down to ride road bikes up some proper hills.

Then flights and apartment booked for 2 weeks in Nerja again for summer. We’re creatures of habit. Cycling, walking, scuba diving, eating and drinking in the sun

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Right, enough of this cold weather business, who's booked their summer holibobs?’ is closed to new replies.