Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Right, enough of this cold weather business, who's booked their summer holibobs?
  • tomhoward

After going out this morning and losing all sensation in my hands and face only to come home to the agony of regaining said sensation, I got to thinking of sunny days, 28 degrees, warm evenings swimming in lakes and dusty, lift accessed trails. So I booked 2 weeks in Whistler at the end of August. I am a happy man again.

So, where are you going/dreaming of going?

hammyuk
    Free Member

I’ll be in Arico at the end of the season.
    Once all the funseakers have got their adrenaline fix assisted by us here – I’m outta here for a while to chill.

Spud

Two weeks with the caravan in Padstein. Can’t bloody wait.

footflaps

Not enough snow here, might have to book another skiing holiday!

hammyuk
    Free Member

footflaps – Member
    Not enough snow here, might have to book another skiing holiday!

In term time obviously 😛

zippykona

[video]https://youtu.be/7QQW4twgWts[/video]

nickc

I reckon a week with Bike Verbier or BasqueMTB is on the cards this year

bikebouy
    Free Member

Dolomites for me…

Whey hey!

tomhoward

might fly with this lot too

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJxzDYJ4C3Y[/video]

shooterman

Lake Garda for me! Can’t wait.

dknwhy

Germany again for us. Oberstaufen this time as we’ve not been there before. Back to camping this year too.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Off to Laos amd Cambodia next week +28-32 right now, to be honest too hot for me 8)

I reckon a week with Bike Verbier or BasqueMTB is on the cards this year

BV can be near fully booked already by this time of year, get organizing. Basque have some great photos on fb as they are out scoping new routes right now, dry trails under blue skies.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Long w/e in NYC in September/October, possibly
    Depends how long my stepdad lasts with his pancreatic cancer 🙁

andyfla
    Free Member

TransContinental Race for me, except I go in to get my cruciate repaired tomorrow – could be an interesting 6 months !

corroded
    Free Member

Off to Australia in a couple of weeks for the whole of Feb. And in California / Oregon for the whole of May. Then back to Australia for November. Both holidays tacked onto work trips. I try to time them for the worst months (May excepted, I love May in England).

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’m having a reet skive this year. My Dads taking me, my bro and my brother in law to Madrid fit the footy. Me and Mrsosoxo are having a few days on the beach in Majorca, and we’ve also got a week in Majorca with the kids in the school hols.

Can’t wait!

everyone
    Free Member

Going to Lille in April. Not the summer granted but I am going to watch Paris-Roubaix.

mooman
    Free Member

Booked 1st week of June on Gran Canaria … looking to do the VOTT. I hear it’s been described as ‘credibly the toughest climb in Europe’ … we’ll see.

And a week end August on Majorca.

matt_outandabout

Easter is booked with a mob of in-laws at Pwellhi.
    Summer week is with my mob, as brother is over frm NZ, in the Dales.
    Penciling in some weekends oop North if we can.

argoose
    Free Member

yep, we booked a few months ago.
    went into travel agents on a Monday, booked a week in sharm el sheikh.
    On the Friday the Russian airliner crashed.
    next Monday back to travel agent to change destination to Fuerteventura.
    Flying early March, can’t wait.

jate
    Free Member

Week in Corsica mid-May, week in Picos end of June.
    Both road biking. Shall I get my coat?

BoardinBob

2 weeks in morzine in july

Tracey

Booked two weeks with Bike Verbier before we left last year. Will fit another week in somewhere in the Alps on our way out their. Hoping to get quite a few long weekends in the camper before we go out.

pondo

Checking out cherry blossoms in Japan for nine nights end of March/start of June, week in a villa in Spain for the inlaws birthday end of July, another week booked end of August but don’t know where yet. Much to look forward to. 🙂

sadexpunk

just been looking all evening for one for me, the missus and our 2 (adult) lads. has to be a cheapie tho as we got granada booked in august.

the missus has found a hotel in majorca that she says is a bargain, in ca’n picafort. never heard of it meself, anyone ever been?

grey

I’ll be helping at Tweedlove again for my holidays :D, I just hope it’s warmer this year.

Trekster

Only thing planned is for Sept, few days @ Switchbacks in Bubion. 😆

Possibly swapping caravan for motorhome which may dictate the rest of the year.

MrsT is away for a week in Aug with daughter and grand kids. I might use that week to explore somewhere down the East coast/Northumberland/Yorkshire.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Rhodes for a week in may.

Various weekends away end of may,June and July mist likely Lake district and Scotland

Rhodes for two weeks mid September.

P-Jay
    Free Member

5 days with my mates to Les Arcs in mid-July Chalet booked, flights booked – not sure how to get from Geneva to Les Arcs, but I’m at the point where worst case I’ll rent a car in Gen and drive over.

A week with my Family to Brittany mid-August, not taking my Bike, hopefully the weather will play ball and I’ll lay by the pool and snooze for a week in between playing with the kids.

ianfitz
    Free Member

Three weeks in the campervan in and around the Pyrenees with road and Mtb bikes.

Ferries booked 3rd Jan – always cheap at this time of year 😉

corroded
    Free Member

sadexpunk – not stayed in Ca’n Picafort but it’s very flat round there (i.e. not especially pretty) and very touristy (mostly Brits I believe). But Mallorca being so small you’re not far from some interesting day trips so if the hotel’s a good price there’s no reason not to stay but just not hang around the town so much. Personally I’d look more towards Pollenca, where there happens to be a good bike hire place and easy access to the mountains.

DavidB
    Free Member

I will be spending weekends tracking down and removing the fingers of those who use the phrase “holibobs”

lucky7500

A week in Torridon in June and a week with Bike Verbier in July for me. 🙂

BV can be near fully booked already by this time of year, get organizing.

I booked on the 2nd of this month and discovered that only one week in July still had spaces!

scandal42
    Free Member

Waiting to see if we make the Champions League (Leicester) 😀

jon1973
    Free Member

September. A week in and around Florence, followed by a week in and around Rome. Can’t wait.

scandal42
    Free Member

Lovely, I recommend Lucca for a nice day away from the hustle and bustle.

freeagent
    Free Member

last two weeks in August here –

http://www.lesalicourts.com/en

going with my road riding buddy and his wife/kids (his Mrs and My wife are really good friends)
    All our kids get on well (have 5 of them – oldest will be 9) so it should be a blast.
    we’re taking the bikes – there looks like loads of quiet country lanes to ride on.

Can’t wait.

bruneep

Week in Cyprus in June (family)
    week in BV in July (me time)

stewartc
    Free Member

Just booked a long Easter bike weekend in Chiang Mai, with a trip to Rotorua expected in June (well, 9 days vacation with the wife but this time I’m allowed 3 days in Rotorua…with the bike), just need to figure out what to do for the October National day holidays, possibly a return to Bali.

MoreCashThanDash

We are invading Normandy this summer, first ever proper foreign holiday “en famille”, as I believe they say round those parts.

Though I got the ferry confirmation today and it appears that MrsMC has booked it so we are landing under cover of darkness, which wasn’t in the original invasion plan, though possibly a wise precaution.

And she may have underestimated the length of a Skoda Octavia estate. Especially with a four bike carrier on the back……

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Right, enough of this cold weather business, who's booked their summer holibobs?’ is closed to new replies.