Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Riding to Shepherds Bush from Watford on the Canal ??
  • JonnoMaude
    Free Member

Bit of a mad one to be asking… but does anyone have any idea how long it would take roughly to ride from Watford along the Canal to Shepherd Bush ???

I'm fed up of driving to go climbing at Westway Sports Centre, so wanna find out how long it would take to ride, but dont wanna mess about with a billion roads

flap_jack
    Free Member

Less than 2 hours, done it many times. Not for a few years though. I walked it once too, but that took muuuch longer.

Best on a full suss, the towpath has lots of ripples and it hammers you to death on a hardtail.

Actually, it's not too bad a road ride though. Up and over Bushey, take the road south by the old church in Stanmore and keep going straight until you hit the north circ, then through Harlesdon, turn right over mitre bridge, wiggle under the westway at white city and basically you're there. Hour tops on a racing bike, 1hr 15 back. Commuted it for a few years back in the mid nineties.

JonnoMaude
    Free Member

I did the canal way today an it took me for-ever… (being sunday afternoon) too many people on the paths i had to keep slowing down for an all them stupid gates!! lol Might try your road route… sounds reasonably simple

Cheers mate

konabunny
    Free Member

Is the towpath surface still pretty rough?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Riding to Shepherds Bush from Watford on the Canal ??’ is closed to new replies.