Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Riding in Dorset.
  • LoulaBella
    Free Member

Off to Dorset in July with the kids and grandparents. Grandparents have offered to look after kids so me and the hubby can get some riding done. If you have small children you know how sacred any riding time can be especially the two of you (awww).
    Anyone know of any quality routes?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Purbecks? Can send you a few tracklogs routes, or show you around on a weekend if you can cope with my pace (slow, btw :).

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Thanks!
    Would be good to get an idea of whats on offer, I was thinking coastal but hate it if its too windy, maybe more inland, woody perhaps? Im sure there are some good pubs in Dorset too.

thomthumb
    Free Member

some stuffnear blandford and puddletown

sharki
    Free Member

Lots of Puddletown have been forested, so best to have a local guide in there to dig out whats left, good for a few hrs..

Ukbike park near Blandford, ace for DH and sessioning..

Purbecks would be the best bet..

RabbitStu
    Free Member

portland is quite nice. you can ride most of the way around off road with short road bits. just don’t say rabbit infront of the locals….they start throwing stones and stuff….say bunnies instead, they think saying rabbit is bad luck.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Will ping you some routes tomorrow, all have a pub stop 🙂

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Thanks so much guys, any time I get to go out riding means so much! Looking forward to seeing this beautiful part of the world and perhaps sample some local ale too.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

For local ale, I recommend Palmers. Palmers 200.

Can’t go wrong on the Pubics.

Rabbits is unlucky. So don’t say it.

leftyboy
    Free Member

Try looking at:

Home

Contact anyone on there as they’re all friendly guys and girls.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Palmers….100% of Yum, even for a Dorset beer! (And that means a lot for someone from the Plain! 😉 )

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Rabbits!!!!!
    Oh that feels so naughty!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Riding in Dorset.’ is closed to new replies.