Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Riding glasses (photochromic)
  • breatheeasy
    Free Member

Those Rad8 ones look almost identical to the Evans FWE Helios ones for 35 quid instead of 90.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Have put a few rides on the Oakley Prizm now.  They’re great in bright conditions but we’ve been riding until sunset and for the last few runs they’re too dark – makes me appreciate how good Photochromics are in the UK.  The Prizm will be great through summer but I think I’m going to end up wearing the Endura Masai through winter.

However, the Oakleys have made me appreciate the contrast improvement of coloured lenses.  Why is no-one doing photochromic with an orange tint anymore?  What happened to the (excellent) Adaptalight lenses that Specialized were using?

csb

I’ve been using a paid of Oakley Flakjackets with prescription oakley black photochromic lenses (200 quid or so for the lenses) for about 3 years.

In steady light they’re great but they are very slow to adapt if you go from bright sunshine into dark woods, leaving you struggling to see.

Does anyone else suffer this?

scotroutes

Not really. I’ve been using those lenses for about 10 years. If they are slow to transition then they are still quicker than stopping to change specs every few minutes.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

All my photochromics have changed quick enough – shit, your eyes take some time to adapt anyway.

Splash-man
    Free Member

What happened to the (excellent) Adaptalight lenses that Specialized were using?

I loved the ones I had as well, although the yellow frames were a little him.

Best riding glasses I’ve ever had until I snapped the frame 😥

Fat-boy-fat

Another +1 for Rad8. I’ve got prescription mud huggers and I don’t think I’ll ever go back to contact lenses now.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Riding glasses (photochromic)’ is closed to new replies.