Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ride suggestions for tomorrow please
  • emmodd
    Free Member

Wanting to ride tomorrow but after some suggestions. Want to go somewhere within 2 hours of Sheffield but conscious of possible adverse weather and ground conditions. Anyone any suggestions other than the Peaks? Either natural or a trail centre for a few hours.

Thanks in advance.

flyingmonkeycorps

If it’s any help we rode Ladybower yesterday and conditions were fine.

Maybe Cannock if you fancy a trail centre? Hour or so down the M1 I’d guess form Sheffield.

emmodd
    Free Member

Where abouts over Ladybower did you go?

flange
    Free Member

I’m riding with Danny Hart tomorrow…but you can’t come

emmodd
    Free Member

Damn you!!!!

flyingmonkeycorps

We did our “compressed” loop.

Start from the Ladybower inn, over the bridge and toward the visitor’s centre then up Screaming Mile – the climb from the carpark with the bus stop and cattle grid, forget what it’s called. Right at the top of there which was a bit puddly but not too windy to the top of Hagg Side. Down Hagg Side which was nice and grippy apart from leaf coverage. Straight over Snake Pass and down to the bottom of the Beast. Instead of going up the Beast turn left through the gate down towards the Res, follow that along for a bit (there was a few hundred yards closed for work, but we went through it no prob) then right up the bridleway to the Roman Road. Right along the Roman Road (which was pretty boggy in places as you’d expect, as well as pretty breezy) and down Blackley Hey, which was fine apart from a river just before the gate – easily passable, but over axle deep. Up by Rowlee Farm, then left and down Suicide Brake / Lockerbrook – bits of snow at the top, and lots of mud but not so’s you’d worry. Then right along the road to the visitor’s centre, clean the bikes and road back to the pub.

About 14 miles, you could cut some off that by parking at the VC but I like to warm the legs up before attempting the first climb! We’d normally go up Whinstone Lee Tor too, but the wind was getting up and it started hailing so we didn’t.

Hope that helps!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ride suggestions for tomorrow please’ is closed to new replies.