Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Rick Steins Chippy
  • ourmaninthenorth

Frankie’s Fish Bar, West Didsbury (Manchester)

Run by a bunch of young lads – superb. Miss it now I’ve moved away.

passtherizla
    Free Member

There is a Chippie up the top end of Oban High street (first one on the left after coming into town.

There is a signed photo Of Rick Stein, with a comment that states… ‘best fish and chips I have ever tasted’

I have to agree with him, always cooked to order too.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

The chippy in Theobalds Rd, Holborn opposite the nick used to be excellent, believe they still used lard or similar for the chips.

zokes
    Free Member

Amazed Herr zokes cant get decent fish and chips in Adelaide, we had a chippy in Perth WA that was sublime, the fish was fantastic, dew fish being my favourite.

Actually, you’re right, there are decent chippies nearer to Adelaide than Sedburgh, but they were all on Tasmania, which is a little inconvenient for a quick friday night supper 😉 When we were there in November I think I could have eaten fish and chips for the whole fortnight. Yet another reason to move there!

strackbaz
    Free Member

I always found The Wee Hurrie on the Troon peir to be fantastic. It’s on the side of MacCallum’s Oyster bar. If you get there early enough, you can avoid the 45 minute queue around 6pm….I kid thee not 😛

They make it fresh when you order, they don’t have anything pre-made ready to go. Their tempura battered prawns, monkfish supper & beer battered Sea Bass is fantastic….although not cheap 🙁

Albanach
    Free Member

+1 strackbaz it’s a belter of a fish and chips. Anstruther Fish bar is class as is the Pittenweem one as well.

duffmiver
    Free Member

Ate at his restaurant in Padstow. Pile of bollox!!

Ate at his chippy in Padstow, best fish and chips ever!!

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Went to his chippy in Padstow on Sunday just gone. Rubbish! Waited 20 minutes for 4 Cod and chips and they were soo greasy and horrid. He can shove his £7 a portion up his bum!

geologist
    Free Member

I just had lunch there today, v nice , as good as yesterday. Alot have said the padstow one is
    Not as good as the Falmouth one.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Anyway, everyone knows the best fish n chips are made in the north of England – in beef dripping. If you must eat in Cornwall, eat Pastie. Mmmmm.

cheez0
    Free Member

Squires braunton? expensive, over-rated, chips too big, long queues.

Drive for 20mins more to Appledore, Sylvesters chip shop, bottom of Meeting Street, near the quay.

Big Cod portion, great chips,

the. best. ever.

/close thread 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

Squires is awesome, the chips are fantastic, you pay for the fish by weight, so you never feel ripped off.

tomaso
    Free Member

I found Stein’s chops to heavy, but that is the same for me where ever the chips are from if they are cooked in lard or dripping. But the fish! I had John Dorry and it was exquisite. Well worth queuing up for and paying over the odds for…

My favourite chippy is the the Qualisea in Eastbourne on the corner of Seaside and Terminus Road. Its got a large seating area for proper posh fish and chips and they are licensed! You can tell its good because its always full of silver haired pensioners stuffin their faces.

hoodie
    Free Member

Rick Steins chippy – otherwise known as Padstow.

tonyplym
    Free Member

Padstow – otherwise known as Rick Stein’s cashpoint machine.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I second that chippy in Appledore I was in Westward Ho last summer and took a drive over there for supper, excellent food which we ate on the quayside.

Walked into Rick Steins place in Padstow worked out that it was going to be around 50 quid and went to another chippy round the corner instead which was very nice and half the price.

Kevevs
    Free Member

oh man, I’m definitely having fish n chips today having read this…

Pigface
    Free Member

Colins Fish Bar just shy of Blackwood is a gem of a chippy. There was a brilliant one in Cross Keys as well but they sold up and it has gone down hill since then.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Rick Steins Chippy’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM