Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Reverb bleed query ?
  • iainc

Fitted waranty replacemnt reverb last night and shortended the hose as per the online vids. All went fine although I did get a little bit of oil on my hands from either the remaining section of hose to the seat, or the barb, dunno which, but just a few drops. Works perfectly on fast, when I wind it towards slow, I notice that the remote plunger reduces in travel by a few mm, and that if I wind it to fully slow it is prettly much locked.

I am assuming I have a little air somewhere in remote end and it needs a bleed ?

I made the schoolboy error of having the saddle higher than my hands while doing it 😳

deadkenny
    Free Member

I never have mine on anything but fast as it’s too slow for my liking otherwise, so not sure. Anyway, I’ve shortened two of them now, both simply stanley knife cut and refasten to the barb. Tiny drops of oil from the bit I cut off but the remaining hose I can see oil at the tip. Both are working fine. Only issue I’ve had is the first one I got needs to be pumped back up to 250psi occasionally (once a year, maybe longer) else it gets slow and there’s a bit of play in the travel. Never bled either of mine, though I was prepared to do so.

iainc

cheers for that, yes, I only ever use on fast too, just wondering 🙂 Might try a bleed seeing as it’s to be a wet weekend !

tillydog
    Free Member

“…I am assuming I have a little air somewhere in remote end and it needs a bleed ?”

I think you’ve just lost a few drops of oil, but will need to go through the bleed procedure to replace it.

I did something similar – it only takes a tiny amount of oil to be lost for the remote to lose travel / stop working.

If I were doing it again, I’d temporarily fix the remote so that the barb was pointing straight up to minimise the risk of oil dribbling out.

jimoiseau
    Free Member

Interested to hear that both of you find the return slow. My reverb is on full slow setting, and still makes a fairly loud clunk at the top of the travel. On fast it makes a loud clang and hurts my soft parts if I’m not careful.

Is it the air pressure that governs return speed? I got mine from planet x and have never checked the pressure, wouldn’t be too surprised if they’d pumped it up too high.

iainc

^^ tillydog

yes, sounds like exactly what I have done.

Ah well, I have the bleed kit (2 actually 🙂 ) and the SRAM YouTube instructions look pretty simple….and it’s going to rain in Glasgow this weekend 🙂

iainc

jimoiseau – doesn’t sound right to me. My first one was fast on fast and slow on slow. It recently went back after 18 moonths use as it was getting sticky and this one is warranty replacement. It is also fast on fast and up to 2/3 slow seems fine and will go at a snails pace, but if i put it to fully slow it doesnt move, hence my query.

iainc

Sorted 🙂 Bled following the SRAM YouTube clip and quite a bit of air came out. Now fast is fast and slow is slower. Time for a beer and some Avengers Assemble with the kids 😛

stoney
    Free Member

Avengers Assemble is an ACE film…One of my favs… 😛

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Reverb bleed query ?’ is closed to new replies.