Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Reverb Bleed Kits
  • hodgynd
    Free Member

Wanted to mention that I have just bled my ( out of warranty) reverb after it failed badly on a recent trip to Hamsterley ..

I bought an Epic Bleed Solutions kit for less than £20.00 ..taking the option to add an extra bottle of fluid to get my purchase over £20.00  and free delivery ..

It’s worked perfectly and at about half the price of an ” official” Rockshox kit ..obviously if yours is still in warranty ( and needs servicing) then buy the RS kit ..if not ..then take the opportunity to save a few bob..

timbog160

Their fancy coloured spanners are really good too!

vincienup
    Free Member

I might be being dumb, but why would a third party bleed kit invalidate a warranty so long as it used the correct oil?

so far as I understand, one of the selling points of the Epic kits apart from how long they’ve been doing the business is that they supply the correct fluid, not just something that looks like it should work but has no manufacturer seal of approval?

hodgynd
    Free Member

Absolutely no idea ..

The point I was making was the comparitive cost ..IF it is exactly the same oil then thats even better…but I’m not sure about that …are you?

vincienup
    Free Member

I’m not, no.  I understand that it’s possible for fluid additives to cause problems with seals and hence manufacturers get arsey about incorrect fluids being used but I’ve got no way to check whether a fluid is ‘real’ or not, like most people I just need to believe the label!

Epic do seem to claim it’s OE fluid in their blurb “You’ll get 100ml of stock 2.5wt Suspension Fluid with your bleed kit – no fear of compatibility issues or voiding your warranty.”  Beyond that, all I know about them is they’ve been making good and well priced bleed kits for years now which have had subtle improvements recently and the stuff they say is Shimano or Magura oil respectively is the right colour… 😁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Reverb Bleed Kits’ is closed to new replies.