Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Retro skateboarderists…..
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Round one!

Gator

Or…

Psycho Stick

Go!

scruff
    Free Member

Gator everytime.

Pigface
    Free Member

dallas95
    Free Member

Round one,

My Bulldogs!

[/url]Bulldog Family by Paul Harrison, on Flickr[/img]

EddieFiola
    Free Member

If I could post pictures I’d like to be in this.
    Fresh in the wrapper lance mountain 1986 vintage

DezB
    Free Member

That hurts me! 6 unused DTS Skateboards! How much I wanted one of those, but we couldn’t afford it, so made our own decks.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Dble post

dallas95
    Free Member

They’re not all unused dezb. The SS, bulldog reissue and gashead have not been ridden but the others are used and cleaned up for hanging. The viking is still used but the photo was taken about 10 years ago.

matt10214
    Free Member

Caballero Dragon….blimey this is a blast from the past!

Pigface
    Free Member

My three favourite decks are

Chris Miller Schmitt Stixx Cat with bird in mouth.

Kevin Staab Simms Mad Scientist

Santa Cruz Slasher

Can’t do photos on I pad because I is thick 😳

binners

Thee bestest:

Gonzo

Had a t shirt with the Cabellero dragon backprint when I was 16. Wore it to death

vintagewino
    Free Member

the Gator one is a bit tarnished. I wouldn’t be coveting one. Anything by Gonz is the right answer, also unable to do pics.

Poopscoop

Eddie Fiola – Member
    If I could post pictures I’d like to be in this.
    Fresh in the wrapper lance mountain 1986 vintage

use this site, dead easy: postimage.org

kayak23

Oh yes. Had a Gator. It was a classic.

DezB
    Free Member

Glad to hear it dallas95. They certainly make for an awesome display.

EddieFiola
    Free Member

razorrazoo

It’s got to be the Gonz.

If your talking Roskopp then it has to be the face.

If you’re into skate art look up the two ‘Disposable’ books by Sean Cliver (ex Powell and World Industries etc artist). Superb nostalgia. If only I had the money and space.

binners

razaorrazoo – All the Jim Phillips Roskopp designs are bloody brilliant.

I got the chance to work with him years ago. I commissioned some illustrations from him for T-shirt designs. I was totally in awe of him, but I don’t think the company I was doing it for (the MD was a right ****!) had much of an appreciation of what a legend they were dealing with, and unfortunately, they never saw the light of day 😥

vintagewino
    Free Member

I had one of these back in the day:

and a guy at school had a pristine version of this:

except with hand-drawn Gonz art on the topsheet he got at a signing. We lost contact but I hope he still has it today.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

OK, normally i really can’t be bothered with all the hassle of adding pics to this forum but seeing as there’s clearly some old skate love on here…

ladies and gents, i give you the first UK made (prior to this bilbo sold the hobie skateboard from the US with their own logo stick on) commercially available skateboard in the UK.

this board was bought from Bilbo in Newquay in 1967.

Note that the wheels were originally painted white to make them look like clay wheels.

I have a leaflet that came with it too but for some reason i cant share the pic.

vintagewino
    Free Member

Amazing! Bearings need a bit of attention though. Urethane painted to look like clay, brilliant.

elma
    Free Member

New board compared to my old one

[url=https://flic.kr/p/21UX1MS]Untitled[/url] by iain rutherford, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/e7RRcQ]Untitled[/url] by Elma01, on Flickr

RustySpanner

Still got one of these hanging up in the garage.

Colby Carter H Street.

Purple Indies and red rails, for shame.

Last time I posted a pick some bloke from America emailed offering to buy it.
    🙂

mcj78
    Free Member

I used to love the old Zorlac decks – never had one – but the one I always wish I still had was the Santa Cruz Natas with the panther on (mine was kinda blue-ish stain):

Found some old Venture trucks with old slimeballs on a year or two ago in a box of old crap & stuck them on a nice retro mahogany effort like this:

was having a great time zipping round the kitchen on it until the missus caught me – I then re-purposed it as an attractive plant stand & put a big cactus on it, howver she kiboshed that idea too claiming a big spiky cactus balanced on a skateboard in the kitchen is not very “child friendly” 😆

razorrazoo

This is currently on sale as a reissue. Must…not…buy

My first proper board was this one, listed after a Powell Hawk all year and then changed my mind at the last minute.

jobless
    Free Member

I have a re-issue “animal chin” Cabellero hanging up in my newly renovated kitchen.

I want that Neil blender, and am still searching for a replacement for my John Lucero in the colourway I had (greeny blue).

I am hoping that my old decks are still in my parents loft too. Especially my Per Welinder (red).

Love an old skool deck me.

wiggles
    Free Member

Im not old enough to be retro but I spent about 2 months wages of my paper round on this deck…

For some reason I was still terrible at skating even after spending all that money!

vintagewino
    Free Member

SMA and then early World Industries graphics were great. I never had one but I loved all of their ads.

I had one of these:

but the best powell graphic was this one:

That Ray Barbee section in Ban This was also amazing

BobaFatt
    Free Member

This was my first (in green stain)

Then this, although it never impressed me, the Schmitt Stix wood was way betterer

razorrazoo

Couple of great decks there vintagewino.

Schmitt morphed into The New Deal in the early 90s. I had one of their first series of decks.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thread delivers.

butcher

I have one of these (reissue):

Also one of these (NOS):

Want one of these:

To answer the OP’s question, I’d go Psycho Stick (even though I wasn’t a fan of it in the 80s there’s something quite iconic about it)

Surely a Gator board is kinda like having a Jim’ll Fix it t-shirt?

scruff
    Free Member

Jobless, I had an X2, black I think. Not mine –

scruff
    Free Member

And Gators story is part of skateboarding legacy, along with all the other messed up rejects who push it along.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

If anyone is interested in Gator:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGKMTdFsR_w[/video]

Coyote
    Free Member

This thread is making me slightly jealous that I never got into boarding and that at 51 I don’t bounce well enough to start learning.

brakes
    Free Member

Turbo II

bob_summers

Turbo ii rings a bell. Asda SSOs, weren’t they?

I’ve still got a few of my old ones lying around. Sadly my favourite, the 36″ Schmitt YardStix with 70mm red Kryps snapped when a fat mate reckoned he could ollie it. I’ve kept this one for Jr, nos Hammerhead with some pink Slammers (a neighbour has a few sets of unused ones squirreled away)

vintagewino
    Free Member

Hosoi is sick but must have risers! Rippin styles holmes!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Retro skateboarderists…..’ is closed to new replies.