Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replacing shock bushings
  • defaultslipper
    Free Member

I thought i saw a thread on this a few days ago but can’t find it anywhere. so does anyone have a link to a good walkthrough for removing the old bushings from a float rl shock?

i don’t have the special tool and have heard that sockets can be used instead- anybody know what size i should be using, or should i be taking it to the lbs for a quick job? Found somewhere that suggested using the new bushing to hammer the old one out, but think this sounds a bit risky as the bushings don’t look as if they can take even gentle hammer tapping.

Help appreciated,
    andy

racing_ralph
    Free Member

where are you based? i have a tool on its way to me from the US – am in the Peak

snaps
    Free Member

Thread a 10mm bolt through a washer, then your new bush, then your old bush & finally through the hex side of a socket that is just big enough to fit your bush in, then put a nut on the bolt & tighten – this should apply pressure to your new bush, pushing the old one out into the socket, leaving your new one in its place.

defaultslipper
    Free Member

racing ralph, thanks for the offer but quite a way from the peaks.

snaps, cheers for the info- assuming you tried this for fox replacement bushings (and not the thinner bushings used on some other shock brands?). i think i understand the order, it’s kind of like a homemade version of the bushing replacement tools, and a little safer than simply trying to tease it out with a hammer!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Replacing shock bushings’ is closed to new replies.