Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replacement Bottom Bracket
  • votchy
    Free Member

Whats the external BB of choice these days? Do I put up with changing deore every 3 months or XT every 6 or go for something better? Cant afford a Hope ceramic at the mo so thats a non starter so what lasts and is reasonable value? Talk of getting the frame faced or any other such nonsense will be ignored, just recommend a BB 😀

ruggerbugger
    Free Member

I use shimano saint bb’s(gold one). Had 1 last just over a year!!! Just be wary how tight you do the bolt.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Gussett ext24, had mine nearly 2 years and just had to change the non-drive side bearing which is a standard size so cheap.

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve a Hope Ceramic, A Hope stainless steel and a Shimano Deore BB. Not had a problem with any of them – I’ve listed them in the amount of use they have each had. The Deore and Hope ceramic are on road bikes.

soobalias
    Free Member

uberbike stainless – bought in Aug-14, i did pop the seals about a year ago and put some nice new grease in, might do the same again soon.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/finally-give-up-on-deore-htii-bb-next

gelert
    Free Member

XTs last forever – I mean 1500-2000 miles and still going. RaceFace 24mm lasted about 600 miles. RaceFace Cinch 30mm 250 miles and one side feels not quite as smooth as the other but no play so carrying on – better last as it’s 4x price of XT. Don’t expect it to though.

Proper Welsh winters. XT are the bomb.

Had a Hope 24mm come on a second hand bike, owner claimed it had been on for a couple of months and it already had play – suspecting a poor install. Haven’t had the bearings replaced yet because they cost 3x more then an XT each side. Still have it… might try to sell it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Replacement Bottom Bracket’ is closed to new replies.