Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replace Moto G4 with G8Power or ???
  • wwpaddler
    Free Member

So my G4 has lost all sound which makes it fairly useless as a phone.

The G8 power seems the obvious replacement but is £220. Is there anything as good or better for less?

ThePinkster

I replaced my G4 with a G8 Plus and have been very happy with it.
    No idea what the difference between the Plus & Power – I’m guessing the Power has a bigger battery – is but I’d certainly recommend it as a replacement. I get 2 days out of my Plus between charges if that helps?

trail_rat
    Free Member

I replaced my 2 year old g6 with a plain g8.

It’s ok.

Noticibly bigger and heavier.

Some of the swipe gestures are incredibly annoying on some websites.

Caher

I got a G6 plus And my next phone will be G whatever plus. Did toy around with getting a OnePlus 8 for few days but there’s no way it’s 3 times better than my G phone. I’ll save my money and get a better set of tyres for my gravel bike.

johnnystorm

They’re releasing a 5g Moto G tomorrow. Might be worth paying the extra for a spot of future proofing if you aren’t a regular phone swapper.

sadmadalan

I’ve got a G5s and this will probably be the next one https://www.motorola.co.uk/smartphones-moto-g-5g-plus/p

eyestwice
    Free Member

Xiaomi M9 Lite.

I’ve had one for 6 months now. As an ex iPhone X owner and total techie, the one single feature that it lacks is an IP rating (for waterproofing).

Think I paid £240. It’s also dual-SIM which is handy for travel.

fatmountain
    Free Member

I’ve got the Moto G8 Power. Yes it works well except for sometimes swiping mistakenly on a website and closing the web browser. Overall it’s fast. I had a G4 and it’s a massive step up. Also bigger.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mrs CFH has a G8Plus and it’s the badger’s nadgers. Seriously impressive for the money.

zzjabzz
    Free Member

G8 Plus has better cameras and NFC. G8 Power has the bigger battery.
    I’m in the market and would probably go for the Plus as I’m not a huge user…

white101

My G3 is still going strong after 4 and a bit years, must have hit lucky.

lambchop
    Free Member

Just replaced a faulty G7 with the G8 Power. Battery lasts for ages, easily 2 days with moderate use. Macro camera is good. Agreed it is easy to mis-swipe but have got used to the gesture screen after a few days.

flatpat
    Free Member

I got a G8 Power Lite to replace my G4. Not as flash as the others but, with big battery, 4Gb RAM & 64Gb “disk” does everything I want for £135.

Part of the reason for going cheap is that it will tide me over for a couple of years while 5G drops to a reasonable price/gains coverage. Well, that and I’m tight.

Just a shame I smashed the screen in the first week! And my wife warned me not to trust my bike jersey pocket…

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Went for the G8Power. Didn’t realise SIM cards have shrunk in the last 4 years!!

Gesture swiping is confusing me at the moment but sure I’ll get there.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Replace Moto G4 with G8Power or ???’ is closed to new replies.