Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Renting
  • tootallpaul

Afternoon all…

Right, I have finally got a job offer so I will departing joblesstrackworld.

Now I need to find a place to live- I’ve never rented a place before- any advice?

Anyone have a room going near Brookwood, Woking?

Cheers all.

P

kayak23

Sharing is good if you are single and you normally get more for your money, like garages etc.
    Renting is expensive…

paddy0091
    Free Member

Was gonna say, a flat or house share would be a good call. Have a look on Gumtree. My current place was found on there.

Good luck.

nickjb
    Free Member

Look in the free-ads or on gumtree for landlord advertising directly. Agencies will usually try and squeeze every penny out of you, then keep doing it.

johnmiles
    Free Member

An agent will also screw you an admin fee for a credit check which costs them peanuts and probably ask for cash for other essentials too

That’s essentials by their definition, not mine

Go private room share, gumtree as mentioned or local paper too

sugdenr
    Free Member

No but when you arrive bring a bike and give us a shout and we’ll show you around.

mrmo
    Free Member

i am renting through an agent.

comments,
    don’t trust a word they say, they will screw you over, i believe they are no better if you own the property!
    if something needs repairing, short of stopping rent don’t expect anything to be done.
    you will find some agents will charge you for a new agreement after 6months, if you don’t pay you get given notice.
    You can be given notice at any time after the fixed period is up.
    In theory your deposit should be safe as it has to go into some government scheme.
    If they choose to put the rent up choice is pay or receive notice. Apparently you can argue it but life is too short sometimes.

Others may say renting isn’t that bad, and it can make sense( which it can), but the system sucks long term.

Kuco

I’m renting through an agent, got a 2 bedroom flat in a village that I could never afford to buy a property in. Rent is very reasonable the size of the flat which is pretty big, actually cheaper than renting in town. Guess it helps the landlady lives on the farm behind me and they also own several other property’s in the village that they rent out. Have had a couple of problems but I just call the agents they call the landlady who generally gets the problem fixed pretty quick using local tradesmen.

In the 3 years living here my rents gone up £10 and one of the main advantages for me is I have space to park 2 vehicles off road and the water bill is included in the rent price. If I have a gripe it be the agents fee every 12 months for a new agreement.

gusamc
    Free Member

see spareroom.co.uk

have a nose round, understand the deal (money, notice, bills, rules and regs), try googling/facebooking etc on the place and people

footflaps

Agents = scum. Mrs Flaps rents her house out (as she moved into mine), and every few months the agent phones up begging her to put the rent up (so they get a bigger cut). She always says no. As far as I can see, Agents are just there to screw the tenants over as much as they can.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Renting’ is closed to new replies.