Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Renting bikes in the alps – recommendations?
  • barrykellett
    Free Member

Posted up a while back, but it was a quiet night – Anyone recommend good bike rental in somewhere like LesArcs for a couple of days?

All mountain style machines. For me and the wife who will be passing through mid June.

Do you prebook these things or just turn up and see whats available?

grumm
    Free Member

I would recommend taking out another mortgage.

Sorry not very helpful – was just looking at these prices for Zero G in Chamonix: http://www.zerogchx.com/2008_tarifsloc.pdf

stevomcd
    Free Member

Sport 2000 (formerly Twinner, next to McDonalds) in Bourg Saint Maurice were pretty decent for bike hire last summer. Kit was all Mondraker stuff, everything from cheap hard-tails to full-on DH rigs. From memory, pricing started from about 140 euros per week for a decent XCish Full-sus. DH kit very much more expensive. Definitely best to pre-book.

Some more info (all based on last year for now) on our site: Bourg Saint Maurice bike hire

We checked around pretty thoroughly and we reckon they were the best shop in town (used them for hire bikes for some of our guests). Vallon Blanc in Tignes were good too, especially for DH/freeride kit. La Grange au Skis in La Rosiere also excellent (Kona Coilairs and Stinkys) plus Mitch is a top bloke who knows the local riding very well.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

There is a bike shop at Arc 1600 which I can’t remember the name of but they had a very good selection of Commercial bikes for hire including ‘all-mountain’ type bikes as well as the usual DH ones for those wishing to partake of the adjacent Cachette DH course and Black 8 trail.

barrykellett
    Free Member

Commercial or Commencal SootyAndJim?

Richyb
    Free Member

Was in that bike shop in Arc 1600 myself last summer, I remember they had a load of Commencal “Supernormals” for rent.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Commencal, of course.

Damn spell checker.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Renting bikes in the alps – recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM