Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Renewing electric supply is this legal?
  • kelvin

they may be expecting even higher prices later in the year

Very good point. But if we’ve already had the highest peak price ever, and if at that point they still weren’t predicting even a short term normalising fall (when they could refill) before we have an even higher peak when they can sell/use it, well, the emoji was a very good choice. 😱 I still think that maximising revenue would have meant using a good chunk of those stores recently. They are being kept full to hedge against problems that could result in impacts on residential users… which would lead to calls for an end to light touch regulation. Remember, we had a major party proposing nationalisation only 2 years ago. This industry could become a political battle ground very quickly.

squirrelking
    Free Member

It’s going to be an issue anyway when people start dying because they can’t pay their bills.

I’ll say it again, they don’t care.

kelvin

Maybe so. But fuel poverty only hits the people on lower incomes… where as domestic power cuts and periods with no domestic gas would hit everyone… ie. every potential voter. Self interest kicks in for the party in power at that point.

zippykona

Having octopus at home I thought we’d sign up with them for the shop. The rates were competitive but on filling out the application they want a payment of £800 which they will generously give back to us when we leave.
    Needless to say we are not going with them and they’ve really soured my opinion of them.

tthew

Project will be down in Anglesey/Wirral at the other end of our cable.

As am I! Well when at work anyway, at Connah’s Quay Power Station which is where the interconnetor tips up. We’ve definitely not been idle the last few weeks. 😁

Deeside, over the road has been reconfigured as an inertia station to stabilise grid frequency when there’s a lot of renewables on, maybe that’s what he was thinking of.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Do you get issues whenever the interconnect throws a wobbler? We have occasionally had (non critical) systems trip out that have caused us transients. PITA. I’ve been told the big explosion when they were commissioning it was quite something though.

Flaperon

Do you get issues whenever the interconnect throws a wobbler?

Colleague at work who used to be an electrical engineer is deaf in one ear after an incident where he was in the breaker hall when multiple breakers tripped simultaneously.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Needless to say we are not going with them and they’ve really soured my opinion of them.

I would possibly suggest that a number of the subsidies they get for their renewables production were not “ethical” either.

kelvin

Zippy, just as any small business is wary of signing up with a supplier who might cease trading this winter, the same applies in the other direction… a deposit is in case your company folds owing them money. The cost of an unstable economy. Energy prices have just gone nuts for small businesses, there isn’t regulation to ensure a delay in any of the price rise ‘till the spring in the same was as for domestic customers. You aren’t going to find a sensibly priced deal I’m afraid.

kelvin

A timely article from this morning…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58852612

tthew

Sorry been out today.

Do you get issues whenever the interconnect throws a wobbler?

We’ve had a few incidents where the all the cooling tower fans driven from one side of a distribution board have tripped, the DNO have said they had coincident issues on their network. Wonder if they were caused by the interconnetor. Hmm, 🤔

project
    Free Member

@project @drnosh where are these unused stations? I’m intreagued.

Apologies for crap spelin before.

Fiddlers ferry closed down locally, interconector from Scotland windfarms, cable wanders around to Connahs Quay as somebody else said, the other one is/ was a gas station opposite Shotton Paper on the site of shotton Steelworks, and just the the side of the bypass 2 huge solar panel farms then we have the huge Ortead wind farms in Liverpool bay and off the north wales coast, and 6 huge wind turbines on Peel ports site liverpool, also 2 small multiple diesel generating station on Peel ports land at Birkenhead and at Stanlow.
    Castner Keller and ince also generate power.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Renewing electric supply is this legal?’ is closed to new replies.