Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Renault Megane 1.5 dCi ECO Dynamique owners
  • damascus
    Free Member

Hi,

I’ve been offered a Renault Megane 1.5 dCi ECO Dynamique Tom Tom (s/s) 5dr (2013) with 85000 miles by a friend at the same price he’s been offered by we buy any car.

I’ve been looking for a new car but I’d not considered a Renault. I’ve always had vw’s before.

Would I be making a terrible mistake or is this a good car/engine?

Thanks

martymac

I have a scenic, which is related to the megane, mine is a 1.5dci.

its very comfy, fairly quiet, reasonably economical, has the best stereo ive ever heard in a car.

its ok to drive, but could do with more power.

mine has been reliable, it had 47k on it when bought, now has 87k, has needed only routine servicing and a battery.

would i buy another? No, I don’t like it.

is it a decent enough car? Yeah, it’s fine.

as with all 2nd hand cars, buy on condition.

ampthill

Our Scenic was poor but the newer stuff seems better

Looks good on here

http://www.reliabilityindex.com/reliability/search/311

drnosh
    Free Member

Stick with VW.

Renaults electrics……….pants.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Waaaay to generalize

But you spelt Toyota wrong.

VW are just a more expensive form of pish electrics and even more costly to repair.

damascus
    Free Member

It gets a pretty good reliability score.

Tbh I’ve had issues with the electrics on my vw (windows and central locking but they were easy to fix)

Is this engine used by other manufacturers?

alanl
    Free Member

I’ve got a similar estate version, with, I presume, the same engine, 1.5dci.
    It’s great. 120000 miles now, just keeps on going and always get over 50mpg.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Renaults after 2010 are allegedly much more reliable than they used to be with much better electrics.  Having said that I’m still driving round in a 2003 Megane which has been more reliable than the Passat I used to have (so don’t believe all the anti French pro German propaganda)

duncancallum

It’s due a timing belt if it’s not been done

They’re ok the k9k engines a goodun Nissan use it in the juke n bb5200

martymac

The k9k engine is in frickin loads of cars,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_K-Type_engine

PePPeR

The 1.5 is a great little engine, doesn’t set the world on fire, but is economical and reliable.

The cars are well specced, plenty of toys and run nicely. You can always sell it on privately and make money on it if you’re not happy.

damascus
    Free Member

I picked up the wife’s new (to us) Renault Megane 1.5 dCi ECO Dynamique estate car today. Its pretty bad driving conditions so I couldn’t really test it but I was pleasantly surprised by it. Its far better than I was expecting.

The radio and sat nav was a lot better than the reviews suggested.

Only issue with it is the clutch feels a bit hard. Not sure if that is how a Renault is or if its on its way out.

Any mechanics out there give me any tips to look out for? It’s done 85000 miles and has just had the timing belt and water pump done.

Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Renault Megane 1.5 dCi ECO Dynamique owners’ is closed to new replies.