Viewing 10 posts - 161 through 170 (of 170 total)
  • Remember the old “ID this warbird” thread?
  • mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Nice.

mogrim

Incredible that the X-1 cockpit was state-of-the-art at the time, looks so old fashioned now!

Riksbar

I’m guessing that was Kieth Hartley, the man who did the open top Tornado trials.

Saccades
    Free Member

**** hell, that video is ace!

hols2
    Free Member

Saw this in Florida. Impressed by how ugly and noisy they are.

Harry_the_Spider

Their nickname is the BUFF.

Big Ugly Fat Fu….

hols2
    Free Member

Well, they are definitely not stealthy.

hols2
    Free Member

Christ, I thought my inventory of old frames and 9 speed drivetrains was getting a bit silly.

https://www.platinumfighters.com/p-51-partsmerlins

CountZero

@hols2 – I didn’t have to go to Florida to see one of those, one flew over where I work in Westbury a week or so ago! I could hear a jet overhead, we get lots operating around Salisbury Plain, which starts close by, but this one sounded different above the traffic as I was crossing the road. As soon as I got clear of the trees along the road I looked for it, and it was a B-52, at about the same height, but clean, no flaps or undercart down. Which makes sense as she was obviously going into RAF Fairford which is about 25-30 miles north.
    Not something you see every day, unlike A400’s which are around all the time.

andrewreay

I read something the other day that said the US have deployed B-52s to the UK again in an attempt to poke the Russians.

Fairford details

To annoy Ivan

For this purpose, the lack of stealth is a huge positive.

Viewing 10 posts - 161 through 170 (of 170 total)

The topic ‘Remember the old “ID this warbird” thread?’ is closed to new replies.