Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • refund problem.
  • shreck
    Free Member

ordered some earphone from a company called acoustics,which i cancelled as i found out they were selling fakes,they said they would cancel it and refund me which never happened,was told again they would refund me which never happened again,called the bank as i used my credit card but was told it was too late.been emailing the company and keept gettin fobbed off now they are not even replying,is there anything i can do??

Smee
    Free Member

Yes – get your credit card company to do their job properly.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Credit card or debit card?

If debit, might not be much you can do. If credit, then what Goan says.

mema
    Free Member

Is there not some distance selling regulation in that you have a week or ten days from buying something and returning of you don't want it? If you bought from a high street shop the regulation doesn't count but online it does? I'd get onto the CC company.

mema
    Free Member

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_world/consumer_affairs/buying_goods_your_rights.htm

look under distance selling, you have a 7 day cooling off period.

Mr_C
    Free Member

look under distance selling, you have a 7 day cooling off period.

Only any use if the retailer actually refunds the payment, which in this case they don't seem willing to do.

If you paid by Visa, whether debit or credit card, you can still get a chargeback for the amount paid and the rule which says the payment has to be over £100 does not apply but the banks do seem to be resistant to this, who'd have thought it – banks trying not to pay money out. See here for more info.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘refund problem.’ is closed to new replies.