Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Recommendations for an EBB singlespeed frame.
  • sootyandjim
    Free Member

I've recently returned from riding in the USA, sáns the singlespeed bike that I took with me and am now embarking on the process of addressing the n+1 balance of my bike collection.

No it wasn't stolen, my brother took a shine to my Dialled Bikes Love/Hate and in a moment of stupidity/generosity that astounded my wife (who compared it to me cutting off my own arm) I gave him the bike.

Now the obvious answer would be another Dialled Bikes Love/Hate frame but it never hurts to look at the options.

The only proviso is that it must be an EBB frame, I don't like sliding dropouts or track ends.

So what have ya/what do you know of?

si-wilson
    Free Member

What is your budget?

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Well I'm not after a custom-made or titanium frame but at the moment I'm open to all suggestions. I can thin the list down by price once I've worked out what I can get past my wife.
    🙂

Basically it needs to be a hardtail for 100-120mm travel, steel preferably and disc specific.

Another Dialled Bikes Love/Hate but in a different colour (i.e. ivory). Anything else just wouldn't match your race top 😆

firestarter
    Free Member

loved both my singular swift and my fisher rig both got ebb

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Indeed.

Do you have any new stock in yet Mike?

The race didn't go too well BTW. I completely under-estimated the quality of US XC racers compared to UK ones.

I finished but the closest I got to the podium was walking past it to my car. I'll see if I can find the race results and photos.

AdamM
    Free Member

Another Dialled Love/Hate.

Singular Swift for a 29er option

Singular Hummingbird for rigid 69er or 26" with suspension fork

Chameleon (not steel, but it is now EBB)

Err, I'm sure there are others…

Yes Jim, I do. Ivory and orange. If you do decide to go down that route, just drop me an e-mail.

ijs445ra
    Free Member
    sc-xc

I love my Charge Duster SS, but I really loved my love/hate. I sold it thinking I wanted something a bit more burly. I was wrong…

JoeNation
    Free Member

Singular. Any of them.

druidh
    Free Member

Pity you ruled out Ti. A Van Nic Zion would have fitted the 100mm fork/EBB option.

PikeBN14
    Free Member

What about some lush Niner 853, love my Sir9 ….

MrAgreeable
    luke
    Free Member

Carver, the 96er that was donated for the BBB was bloody gorgeous and despite buying over twenty quids worth of tickets I still didn't win it.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I'm not really interested in clown wheels (29"). I test rode one in the US, back to back with my Love/Hate on a lovely flowing singletrack loop and it felt like I was guiding an oil tanker through the Suez Canal. No ta.

epicyclo

sootyandjim – Member
    I'm not really interested in clown wheels (29"). I test rode one in the US, back to back with my Love/Hate on a lovely flowing singletrack loop and it felt like I was guiding an oil tanker through the Suez Canal. No ta.

So does this mean that you will be using BMX wheels?

Or perhaps the geometry of the bike you rode was wrong?
    😀

Dibbs
    Free Member

I don't like sliding dropouts or track ends.

How about a Whyte 19 then? a much more elegant solution than a great ugly EBB 😉

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Epicyclo – It was a Niner (can't remember the model off my head but I have a photo somwhere) and I believe they know a thing or two about building 29ers! Because I thought it handled like a barge doesn't mean it was wrong as a bike, just wrong for me. Dibbs – I'd rather a steel bike and I like EBBs. I also think the Whyte 19 is gastly. A large BB hiding behind a chainring is far more discrete than slabs of cnc'd aluminium and a half hundred weight of nuts and bolts dangling from the seatstay/chainstay junction (though this combination of assorted junk isn't found only on the Whyte).

epicyclo

sootyandjim – I know what you mean. I think the thing with 29ers is to go down a size. The handling of my first one felt bargelike too, but it was great for extended cross country rides. My Singular is quite nippy, and so is my Scandal.

I run the Scandal with a rigid carbon fork and the Singular with the original steel fork which gives me better handling than using a suspension fork – what I lose on the downhills I get back on the climbs.

My Avanti 29er in Oz is a bit bargelike, but that's not a problem on the stuff I ride there. It's a bit on the big side though.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for an EBB singlespeed frame.’ is closed to new replies.