Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommendations for a windproof jacket for running/cycling.
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Morning,

Looking for recommendations for a lightweight/windproof jacket to be used for running and road cycling. I run more than I cycle, about 70/30 split, so rather than buy a bike specific jacket as well, I am looking for a wonder garment to do both in. Budget aboot £60ish.

Not fussed about back pockets for cycling, as will have a jersey underneath with ’em on,

druidh
    Free Member

Montane Velo – or there’s a running equivalent that has less of a dropped “tail”.

yunki
    Free Member

montane looks the best value..
    I’ve just ordered a featherlite jacket from them..

looks great for the money

karnali
    Free Member

montane featherlite marathon, brill to run in fine on the bike, not quite as fitted fro the bike as the velo, but has a draw cord waist that i find much better for running. the velo has an elasticated waist and was awful to run in. I’ve been trying to replace a velo for the bike, but i think i will just use the marathon for both, the tail drops a little not as much as the velo but will do for windy damp days.

karnali
    Free Member

montane featherlite marathon, brill to run in fine on the bike, not quite as fitted fro the bike as the velo, but has a draw cord waist that i find much better for running. the velo has an elasticated waist and was awful to run in. I’ve been trying to replace a velo for the bike, but i think i will just use the marathon for both, the tail drops a little not as much as the velo but will do for windy damp days.

philconsequence
    Free Member

as a S/G or BEbrother i fully expect you to be trolling. thread reported.

Jamie
    Free Member

Do the montanes have pockets, front/inner, or are just outer shells. Thinking about mp3 player/keys when running.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Have you thought of trying Aldi?

Jamie
    Free Member

No Don, I haven’t.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommendations for a windproof jacket for running/cycling.’ is closed to new replies.