Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Recommend me some merino wool socks
  • transapp
    Free Member

Cold toes today, time to get some decent socks to wear under the boots I’ve just splashed out on ones without seams around the toes would be good.

Ninja edit!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Seems = seam?

Anyway: DeFeet Woolie Boolies are a great cure for cold feet. Not cheap. But good! Merino though – in case that itches you.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Got some save our soles merino socks from On-One and they’ve been good over the summer. Couple of pairs of them if you need something thicker? My winter boots don’t have space for thick socks but I’ve never had cold feet with them and a couple of pairs of thin merino socks.

transapp
    Free Member

Yes sorry, seam. Oh, and bloody predictive text changed ‘some merino’ into ‘something’

simondbarnes

Woolie Boolies 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Rapha ones here…
    Great bits of kit IMHO..

souldrummer
    Free Member

I’ve got some Assos ones which were, surprisingly, inexpensive, and are really very good.

MoreCashThanDash

Kirkland/Costco own brand merino trail socks – four pairs for less than a tenner

flap_jack
    Free Member

I use the Costco ones but they’re not 100% Merino so get cold when wet. Comfy when dry though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Smartwool are my sock of choice. For bikes, walking and skiing. Superb stuff.

njee20
    Free Member

Woollie Boollies FTW.

Del

ground effect socks are good and durable too.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

dhb merino wool socks are great for spring/autumn. Woolie Boolies are a bit thicker/bulkier.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Sealskinz; waterproof and merino lined.

smiff
    Free Member

some cheap ones i got on ebay that are bright yellow (only colour left wonder why!) and never feel wet even straight from washing machine.
    Sealskinz, yuck no, once filled are horrible. and expensive.

UK-FLATLANDER

Smartwool PhD socks for me, superb fit.

Jamie
    Free Member

some cheap ones i got on ebay that are bright yellow (only colour left wonder why!) and never feel wet even straight from washing machine.

Same here, well…just not bright yellow.

These ones:

Nobby

Woollie Boollies for proper cold or Wooleators when it’s a tad nippy.

dave360

One pair when it’s normal and two pairs on when it’s parky
    http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/CLSOSM/save_our_soles_sock_monkey_merino_wool_socks

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

[/url]

These have been very good.Garburn meino socks via Bike maps ebay shop:

MoreCashThanDash

Wow – people on ebay are actually selling on Costco socks!

A mate told me tonight he swears by Decathlon winter cycling socks – he certainly hasn’t whined about his cold feet yet this year….

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Very much like the SOS ones at On One and have a few pairs. Used to use Wooly Boolies but find them s little thick. Got a couple of pairs now going cheap if you want to try them and you’re about a 9 or 10… 🙂

zerocool

karrimor from Sport Direct

mikeconnor
    Free Member
    flap_jack
    Free Member

WTF !

Those ebay ones are Costco, 75% merino 25% nylon and are only £7.99 at Costco store !

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some merino wool socks’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM