Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Recommend me some new gloves please
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Got some old Specialized spring/autumn gloves can’t remember what they are called but they are like a thicker version of their summer gloves. Have used them in all but the coldest/wettest conditions and would like something similar. Have got some Sealskinz gloves for really cold and wet conditions but find them too warm and bulky even for a lot of winter riding.

coastkid
    Free Member

i got 661 winter gloves a few years back which arnt too sweaty, dunno if they still make them but can show you them on Sunday if you make the cake feast trailride 😮

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

found the enduro singletrack ones to be great fit for my hands. Snug and breathable.

druidh
    Free Member

I used the Gore Tool gloves all last winter for commuting and general road riding. They were warm enough on all but the very coldest 9/10 days when my fingertips would be chilly be the time I reached the shop.

gamo
    Free Member

Endura Dexter (09 model)have been great for me, warm but not too
    bulky not for really wet days though! but you’ve got your sealskins
    for that.

Johnbot
    Free Member

I have been using some 661 gloves for two years now, can’t fault the quality

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

I use Dakine for MTB and snowboarding, not the same gloves though obviously.

Dakine Defender MTB gloves:
    http://tinyurl.com/33yyy9c

PeteG55
    Free Member

Don’t know if they do anything warm enough or what your truly after, but I’ve got the Sombrio Forensics, little bit warmer than normal lightweight XC gloves, but just my favourite pair for fit and feel.

langy
    Free Member

TLD XC for year round pleasure!!

househusband

TLD XC for year round pleasure!!

Yup, me too – sturdier and better sewn together than most, too.

Thor gloves are also bulletprooof, but the colours can be a tad ‘euro’..!

nickc

Another TLD xc user. Use them all year round

atlaz
    Free Member

I wear Fox Unabomber all year until it gets really cold then I’m onto the cheapo Aldi gloves or some DHB ones I got 4 years ago.

chiefgrooveguru

I’ll be switching back to my Pearl Izumi Cyclone gloves when it gets colder. Seem to strike the right balance between warmth, bulk, grip, protection and padding for me.

stayhigh

I used a pair of Aldi specials last year which took me through the winter and will be good for this one too. Cheap, cheerful and work 😉

Before that I had some Altura winter gloves for 3 years which were great but got left somewhere 🙁

IIRC there were some neoprene gloves, possibly horseriding or something similar that got quite a good reception earlier on in the year. Will look for link.

FuzzyWuzzy

Layers works for gloves to so IMO get a pair that’s good until it gets really cold then start wearing silk liners under them. I also usually take some latex gloves out with me in case I end up stopping for a while (mechanical etc.) as I find once my hands are cold just putting normal gloves back on never gets them warm enough again, stick on latex gloves between the silk and outer ones though and they get toasty warm quickly (at which point you probably want to take them off again otherwise your hands will get too hot/sweaty.

warpcow
    Free Member

I just use my regular gloves down to about 5 degrees, then I have some old windproof Northwaves down to about -5. Anything after that is ski-gloves or some crazy combination of windproof + trail-glove + Hestra liner. If I didn’t already own 18 pairs of gloves, I’d just get a Hestra winter glove system (one of those ‘base-mid-outer’ deals).

namastebuzz
    Free Member

ALDI currently have their winter gloves available – at £4.99.

Used mine the last 2 winters and 2 Strathpuffers and down to about -15C. No complaints until the waterproofing seemed to go but just bought new ones yesterday.

redthunder
    Free Member

Aldi.

or

Pair of mech handling gloves from Arco.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Better try and get along Sunday for a try a glove session.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some new gloves please’ is closed to new replies.