Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • recommend me some cheap clear or yellow sunnies
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

for commuting and, I hate to say it, Autumn rides

sub £20

Ebay has some Bolles for £10 and CRC has Endura Spectrum for £15. Anyone used them?

yunki
    Free Member

bolles are ok.. scratch easier than I would like though

snotrag

If your near a decathlon then they do their ‘blue product’ (think tesco value) glasses for £7 which amazingly includes 3 sets of lenses and a wee bag.

I actually prefer them to the endura stingrays I bought for 3x the price.

simon_g

Bolle Silium are great. Prone to scratching but you can get a few pairs in budget.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I’ve got some cheapo ones that i picked up from Lidl/Aldi or similar with clear, yellow and dark interchangeable lenses. Free to anyone who wants them for the cost of postage and packing.

thomthumb
    Free Member

bolle spider. pretty good. don’t look too much like a safety glass and come with a case £5 ebay.

darrenm
    Free Member

+1 for decathlon

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Anyone tried the XLC stuff?

CRC has a few pairs.

Bolle spider looks a good bet. Clear or light tint?

Cougar

…which amazingly includes 3 sets of lenses and a wee bag.

That’ll be really handy on the trails, it’ll stop me having to nip behind a tree.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Really like my Specialized glasses. Found the venting at the side to be good at preventing them steaming up.

Todayscyclist
    Free Member

Tifosi Optics ?

devs
    Free Member

Screwfix.com

plenty of yellow safety specs in there. I have a couple of sets.

Dangerboy
    Free Member

I’ve had a few pairs of cheap bolle safety glasses, think it was from Safety-One. As others have said, they do scratch easily, but if you treat them as almost disposable you can’t go wrong.

I keep a pair of the very slightly tinted ones in the car for ’emergencies’. God only knows what that might be!

donsimon
    Free Member

++1 Decathlon.

mieszko
    Free Member

The XLC ones aren’t that bad. I got a pair with some RX inserts for my GF’s dad. Might not be worth £20+ they were asking before the sale but now at just over £10 with replaceable lenses etc it’s well worth a try. Try and get ones from Aldi/Lidl, they were something like £4 a set. Safety glasses off eBay are ok as well, tried them but they scratch very easy. I had a pair of Pro (from CRC) glasses and the quality was very good, lenses were nice as well.

Plenty to choose from and eBay is Your friend. CRC fro branded stuff.

EccentricEllis

Endura are spot on.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Just got some of these to try, http://www.arco.co.uk/products/3D0600/300626/DeWalt%20Radius%20Safety%20Spectacles

Can’t see the point (?) in spending £££££’s on Oakleys etc

TiRed

+1 for the decathlon, just bought these and am pleased with them so far. No orange though.

Stevo210
    Free Member

Love my Spectrum, never steam, forget Im wearing them, at that price no need to fuss about damage.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Stihl chainsaw ones. Best I have had. Vent well yet keep the wind out of my contacts. Really hard to scratch. Fiver!

Speshpaul

“Can’t see the point (?) in spending £££££’s on Oakleys etc”

I know what you mean but after years of cheap glass (all of the above except XLC) i’ve done the oakley thing (by good forture) and i now know why people buy oakleys.

But any of the above will do to stip stuff going in to your eyes.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘recommend me some cheap clear or yellow sunnies’ is closed to new replies.