Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend me an HD freeview digibox?
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

Looking to get the above, although I would like one with a decent web browser. Does such a thing exist? Ps3 browser is doing my head in, why can’t they just stick chrome on it? Guess it’s just their way of restricting content. Don’t need any recording ability really.

tonyplym
    Free Member

Picked up a Philips DTR5520 for £40 a while ago from Asda of all places – all it does is basic Freeview and Freeview HD (so no browser, recorder or any other clever stuff). Limited number of HD channels – but very happy with my investment at this price.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Actually Google popped up the concept of an Android set top box anyone know anything about them? Tbh It’s more the internet and a decent browser I’m after.

unovolo
    Free Member

You want a Smart Tv Upgrader.
    Do a search for some of the following:
    LG ST600
    Sony SMP 100 or SMP 200
    WD live Tv
    Apple TV (hacked for best effect)

igm
    petefromearth

Whatever you get make sure you have a play with it in the shop first. It’s all about the interface and whether it actually works.

My new Samsung tv, although very nice, promised a lot in the way of fancy smart tv stuff but is a little disappointing.

Apart from iplayer and YouTube it’s pretty limited really in terms of what is available (eg I can’t get 4od, even via YouTube), and controlling anything through your tv with a remote is fiddly and slow. There are crappy apps, games, Facebook etc, but I only want tv on my tv.

The technology is there to stream anything you want over the web, but for some reason we need to wait for apple to lead the way

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me an HD freeview digibox?’ is closed to new replies.