Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Recommend me a skills day to improve my jumping and berms..
  • smogmonster

Can anyone recommend a good skills day where i can learn to jump and also to be able to attack berms properly? I live in Richmond, North Yorkshire.

allthepies
    Free Member

Beardy bloke (ooop North) or Jedi (darn sarf).

captaindanger

cue 05+ responses going Jedi!
    here’s one
    JEDI!

chris85
    Free Member

Ask some of the local dh kids, sure they’d be glad to give you a few tips. Then just practice practice and practice some more. Start off small and work your way up.

andeh

ALine Coaching, in Sheffield, are very good. John is a great teacher and really helped improve my cornering/pressure control. They run a few different group courses or one-on-one sessions.

wwaswas

“berm”

Is it just me who always reads that with an Inspector Clouseau voice and giggles?

phil56

A couple of mates did exactly that (berms and jumps) with Ed Oxley at Gisburn – they enoyed it, and most importantly, they’re now pretty good at both!

chakaping
    Free Member

Aren’t those Prorideguides guys based up your way? The Raffertys.

They seem to get good feedback and their skills articles in MBUK were unusually good.

kimbers

did a Jedi public jumps n drops course on monday

very happy, was only an hours drive for me though!

Nick

Opps

smashit
    Free Member
    caffeineoldbean
    Free Member

Another one for Jedi.Did a course with him a few years ago and without a doubt still the best upgrade I ever got for my bike,bikes.Top bloke to learn from it would be worth the journey for you.

wonderchump
    Free Member

+1 Ed Oxley – good teacher – Can be found at http://www.great-rock.co.uk

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Definitely ProRideGuides, based in Harrogate. I’ve been on a number of courses over the years and theirs was a cut above for sure. They’ll change your way of riding and thinking. I think their jump courses are held at Hamsterly.

slowoldman

Considering where you are, try Dales Bike Centre in Reeth.

rickon
    Free Member

Jedi will tell you – you don’t attack berms, you flow through them.

😉

jedi

Lol rickon 😀 you know it. Cheers for the recommends

Gravy
    Free Member

Bike skills uk. You will not go wrong with the Jedi. Great vfm

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

Have you considered WaywardRider he sounds like he should have this covered 😉

zelak999
    Free Member

Yep another Jedi padawan here.
    Well worth the journey, you could always stay in a b&b the night before to save an early start.

iolo
    Free Member

Antur stiniog do an excellent one.
    Adrian bradley – centre manager, welsh champ and all round good guy will teach you all you need to know.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Jedi.

He had me doing a gap jump about 30 minutes after clearing my first table top!

Panama
    Free Member

No brainer: Jedi all the way!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a skills day to improve my jumping and berms..’ is closed to new replies.