Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a curry house in Rusholme, please.
  • gonetothehills
    Free Member

Right – we’re up that way this evening visiting a friend in hospital, so once we’ve done that, we fancy a curry and having been to a couple of restaurants on Curry Mile, wonder if anyone can recommend a good one. We’ve done Shere Khan (thought it was very over rated), Spicy Hut (good grub, but very cramped) and one at the other end, that whilst the food was good, have heard pretty poor reports of the hygiene there. So… anyone got any suggestions, or by going somewhere like that, is it all a bit over rated, or is there a gem to be found.

Thanks in advance.

davey_clayton
    Free Member

Can’t remember the names, but in general I think the two/three medium sized ones (smaller than shere khan) on the left hand side of wilmslow road (as you’re going out of town) are best. I don’t rate shere khan at all, it’s like uncle ben’s, and the first one you get to (royal naz?) is sh1te (that was a while ago mind).

Hope your mate’s OK.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Do you mean the other side of the road to Shere Khan then, Davey? And closer to Manchester – as you head away from the city.

Mate’s on the mend thanks – big op, so just visiting to try to cheer him up (then tell him we’re off for a curry!!)

davey_clayton
    Free Member

I think they might be Al Bilal, Lal Haweli and maybe Sanam, but I’m not 100%.

davey_clayton
    Free Member

Yep, other side from Shere Khan, between Shere Khan and the garage there are maybe 3 that I’ve been in where the food’s been very good. Not much help!! I’m sure Al Bilal was one of them.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Top – thanks very much. I’ve just looked them up (and found two) on Onionring – looking forward to a good feed now!

joe1983
    Free Member

I think I’m going to have to have a curry myself tonight now

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yep, al bilal and lal haweli are the best of the bunch (along with the aforementioned spicy hut), but to be honest there are much better curries to be had in manchester away from the curry mile…

tommytowtruck

We used to go to Al Bilal quite a lot, but haven’t been for years. But that’s where i’d go.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a curry house in Rusholme, please.’ is closed to new replies.