Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a 130-140mm fs
  • squealer
    Free Member

For Christmas for my son who will be 12 next year.

Up to about £2,500ish in price, has to be a size small and I need to be able to Get it before Xmas so YT and a lot of other bikes appear to be out of the question at the moment.

Current favourite is the canyon neutron.

All suggestions welcomed!

grum
    Free Member

Propain bikes look nice imo, they do a youth model and it says 30 working days for delivery

https://www.propain-bikes.com/en/bikes/kids/yuma/

Pyro

I’m looking for similar, albeit in a Medium, 29er and maybe a little higher budget. The list I’d posted on another thread was where I’d got to with ideas:

– YT Izzo
    – Canyon Neuron
    – Trek Fuel EX
    – Cotic FlareMAX
    – NS Define 130
    – Rocky Mountain Instinct
    – Marin Rift Zone
    – Orbea Occam
    – Bird Aether 9C
    – Specialized Stumpjumper/Evo
    – Nukeproof Reactor
    – Giant Trance

I’ve narrowed it down to the YT, the Canyon or the Trek, so for me it’s now a debate of which variant of each – Izzo Comp or Pro, Neuron CF 8 or 9, Fuel EX 8 or 9.7. There might well be a variation in there that suits. I can’t recommend anything, but it’s a starter list!

ta11pau1

10mm more travel, but Canton Spectral?

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/mountain-bikes/trail-bikes/spectral/spectral-6/2675.html?dwvar_2675_pv_rahmenfarbe=BK%2FGY&dwvar_2675_pv_rahmengroesse=XS&quantity=1

New models literally just out so a good time to buy.

Bird Aether 7? I’m sure they would be able to give you a good idea of stock before xmas. You could take him for a ride down at Swinley over xmas and ‘stop off’ at Bird on the way 😀

Cougar

Two and a half grand for a full susser that he’ll be a foot too tall for this time next year? I hope you’ve got an exit strategy.

squealer
    Free Member

Thanks all especially pyro for that list. Looks like I’ll be going with a canyon.

benpinnick

Bird Aether 7? I’m sure they would be able to give you a good idea of stock before xmas. You could take him for a ride down at Swinley over xmas and ‘stop off’ at Bird on the way 😀

Aether 7 & 9 will be in stock Late Oct/Early Nov. for anyone wanting something for Chrimble.

kelvin

Wow!

Squealer, can you be my dad, please?

= :87)

tomhoward

I hope you’ve got an exit strategy.

Kids bikes hold their value really well 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

This would be on my shortlist for sure…

SISKIU T

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a 130-140mm fs’ is closed to new replies.