Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • recomend me some warm (roubaix) bib shorts
  • karnali
    Free Member

to wear with knee and leg warmers, I have some dhb ones but they appear to have stopped doing them

ta

mrblobby
    Free Member

Like my Sportful Fiandre NoRain ones. Roubaix like fleecy inner, wind proofish, and do a half decent job of keeping me dry in showers. Decent pad too. Nice under a pair of unpadded longs when it gets colder too. Just brought a second pair.

johnny63

Castelli Nanos ? Have couple of pairs and like them a lot

tang
    Free Member

+1 castelli nano flex. Pair them with nano knee & leg warmers, that covers quite a bit of UK riding seasons.

karnali
    Free Member

Ta

cynic-al
    Free Member

Roubaix shorts? Odd.

mrblobby
    Free Member

How so?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Shorts when its warm, tights when it’s cold.

Roubaix on thighs with bare knees/shins?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Actually works well in conditions like today. Nice to pair with leg/knee warmers. And they are also good under padless longs when it’s properly cold. Use mine a lot. But then I am a soft skinny southerner.

deejayen
    Free Member

Assos Tiburu (I think that’s the correct model name)

Ben_mw

Another vote for the Castelli Nanoflex. Bonus is that the legs seem longer than all my other shorts (including Castelli Velocissimo) so sit nearer the knee for more warmth. Also, really surprisingly waterproof!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I am still not tempted! If it’s cold enough for roubaix then I want 3/4 or full-length .

simondbarnes

Castelli Nanoflex are lovely, as are the Endura winter bibshorts.

I am still not tempted! If it’s cold enough for roubaix then I want 3/4 or full-length .

What about rides when you set off and the temp is in single digits but mid to high teens later on? Winter bib shorts + knee warmers perfect for this. Take the knee warmers off when it warms up.

cynic-al
    Free Member

SDB, I guess I don’t see rides like that, I’m probably not out long enough, or it doesn’t happen up here.

In any event I’ve never felt uncomfortable due to overly warm knees 😀

simondbarnes

In any event I’ve never felt uncomfortable due to overly warm knees

In reality I’d generally leave them on but would be uncomfortably warm if I’d set off in tights and it warmed up.

karnali
    Free Member

Early morning commutes with 1.5 miles downhill to start, warm shorts and knee or leg warmers then just shorts for ride home. Mostly this is autumn / spring so often get showers as well. Tights to warm for ride home.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘recomend me some warm (roubaix) bib shorts’ is closed to new replies.