• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by z1ppy.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Reverb remote with both shifters..
  • z1ppy

Ideally I’d like it under the bars on the left but this doesn’t work with a front shifter, so how are ppl mounting them?
    (if you have both shifters)

z1ppy

flip, can someone report this (OP can’t), and ask for it to be moved to the main forum please.
    <———-

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Why doesn’t it work? If your shifter in the way? Seen it work on loads of bikes under the bar with 2 shifters. If you have lots of clamps might be an issue.

creamegg
    Free Member

Could not get it to work underside on left with Shimano shifters and Hope brakes. Have them on top on right side despite now 1*10- just prefer the lever on the right hand but it is what you’re just used to. I’ve had them break in a crash on top and below (got the lever below on my HT) so doesn’t really matter too much where you have them. If it’s on top make sure you angle it so if/when bike is upside down the lever doesn’t stick up- you want it parallel with the ground

z1ppy

ok… yep I’ve shimano shifter/brake combo, which IIRC are part of the under bar issue

Onzadog
    Free Member

Wife has right hand lever upside down on the left. Sits between shifter and hope lever. Levers are a long way in for one finger braking.

superfli
    Free Member

I used to use a Gripshift on the left (front) to enable me to use the reverb below. Normal trigger on RHS. It looked odd, but worked extremely well. In fact the gripshift enabled me to fine tune the front mech if it was rubbing.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got a Shimano front shifter and brake combo and the dropper remote fitted nicely above them (on the left). Reckon it would interfere with the shifter levers underneath.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

When I was using both shifters I just used the right hand reverb remote on the top of the right side. It was fine. I was using Easton Havoc bars and could stand the bike upside down without it touching the floor. I never broke it either.
    Admittedly the original intention was to run it under the left, after reading advice on here, but there was no room for it.

DickBarton

It does work but it needs to be pushed along the bar so it will sit further inboard from other controls.

Northwind

Yep, it can be made to work but means sacrificing control position- tbh the Reverb remote doesn’t play well with others, even in 1×10 it conflicts with many brakes as it’s designed to go in the exact same place as brake levers (to integrate with SRAM brakes)

I’d move the shifter waaaay inbound personally as it’s the least important of the 3. But, if you’ve not already bought a reverb, do consider an alternative- KS remote is actually designed with a bit of thought to sharing space for example.

z1ppy

TBH I’ll stick with the 2 year warranty on the Reverb, over the KS, better lever or not.

Hmmm all in all, not as cut and dried as you think..

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

You can cut or file your shifting levers to make space for a reverb button.

z1ppy

from experience, or just thinking about it Stuart?

Northwind

From experience here, I removed some plastic from shifters to work better with a particular brake. You’ve got to be careful what you remove, obviously but even removing bumps or radiusing corners can win back a surprising amount of space

thejesmonddingo

I’ve got Shimano Ispec B mounted shifters and brakes,and I’ve used a right hand lever mounted normally on the right,and upside down on the left.It fits quite well imo,the main issue being the need to tighten the lever mount,then the Ispec so the lever doesn’t slip.I’ll try and take a picture.

z1ppy

if you could Jes, I’d appreciate it.. as I really fancy using it on the left/under the bars…but don’t want to buy a right hand one, if it won’t fit under the left hand side

..stopped ‘panicing’ now, as the CRC offer doesn’t include the reverb, oh well..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Reverb remote with both shifters..’ is closed to new replies.